• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temp ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

Hi friends, i have just replace a tbred A aiuga 1800 @ 2050 1.8 vcore to a 2400 tbred b aiuhb. So i think i got a great chip so i reached this
over2400copy.jpg

i know it is a lot of voltage but when i fold for 24 h them temps increase to 43C(thrmistor)
Before the change the temp was 37 C full.
ambient temp 30 C
thanks
ps block WW dtek hc with shroud, brazilian pump (525gph, 2,4 m power head 30 w)
[]s

its warm, but not too bad... the faster you go and the higher voltage, the more heat you generate, especially the voltage. voltage increases heat output in a squared relationship, so minor increases in voltage, are magnified in heat produced. you're still a little high there. I'm running a very similar setup (or was running, see my other post...) and got cooler temps than that. you might want to try lapping the core. a lot of times a soft copper wb can conform to the size of an older chip and not be completely smooth on the new core.

Back