• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Voltages Everything is.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HI,

Where can i find out what parts of my pc use which rails like 5v,3v,12v.
I want to mainly know what the gf4 runs on and my ram and cpu.
Im having trouble with overclocking i can't get past 138fsb and i think it is my 300w supply holding me back.
I just ordered a antec case with the true power 431w in it so that might help.
Malc.
so what runs off the different rails is what i want to know?
:)

These are my volts and settings

Here is what my bios is telling me.

In the bios it said.

vcore 1.728v
vcc 2.5v 2.48v
vcc3 3.3v 3.926v
vcc 5v 4.892v
+12v 12.224v
5B3V 4.99v
vbat 3.392v

Also below is what my psu has on it.

Brand (maxpower) 300w

12v =15A
5v= 30a
3.3v = 2-a

5v+3.3v=180w total.

Hope this is helpful.
Malc.

OK Im running

Ecs k7s5a MB
Pc133 2 sticks 256mb
2 hard drives
1 dvd drive
1 cdrw drive
geforce 4 mx 440 which will not overclock power i think
I wanted to know about the voltages to see if it would help taking out one of my rams to see if i could overclock gf4. I can only get 310/431 if i go higher 3dmark does crashes.
I ordered the antec case with a side fan and two rear ones looks great it comes with the antec 431w psu. Also the dust filter was a good idea. My 3d mark score is 5108 max if im lucky. So im hoping when i get my new psu ill be better off. Later in the month i will get samsung ram 2700 and 2100xp cpu on a asus board can't afford it right now the case cost 142odd.
Malc.

If the Ecs board doesn't have the right dividers that could be what's holding you back. You may be running the pci up too high which will cause instability and possible data loss.

Since you are talking about getting an Asus board and Samsung ram:
I have an Asus A7N8X which, as you may know, locks the pci and lets you adjust the agp. I also happen to have Samsung pc2700 (DTM model), which does 200 fsb at Cas 2.5, 3, 3, 6 with 2.7v.

Yes the ecs board and ram is holding me back sure i download a different bios and you can change the fsb in it better.
i have a ? im new at all this by the way
where it has cpu speed and has like 133/133
what does it mean if i chage it 2 133/142 or something
with the ram at 133 as well
what is being changed after the /slash??
I tried to run 150/150
and ram at 133
and something else to do with the cpu at 133 and it would not restart had ot jump cmos.
The only setting i can get to work without knowing all about this is 138/138
Malc.

I think the number behind the slash is the cpu and the number after the slash is memory. Normally running them in sync is best.

Back