• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF! My Ti4600 shows up as 64MB!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voxace

Registered
If you all look at my 3dmark compare and at this piccy you can see how my card reports as 64MB. I'm a bit worried about this - every program I have tried recognises it as 64MB!!!
Anybody else have this prob, is the card stuffed!!!!

http://xcs.web1000.com/only64megs.html

If I sell this card, is an extra $100 enough to buy me a 9700PRO?
This sucks, I didn't even notice it until now. I don't think it makes much difference to performance though (I think). I didn;t think that half of ya card could just stop working like that...

Any help much appreciated...

that depends on how much you're selling it for, go for ebay and some n00b probably will take it for $250, add your 100 and you got yourself a 9700 :D

Go to Control Panel--System--Advanced--Performance--Advanced--
Now look under System properties. I bet you have it set up for System Cache; right? If so change it and post your results back here. That was my problem and it costed me 200 bux and about 20 hours to figure that little turd out! You wouldn't believe all the trouble I went through with that. Anyway Geforce 4s don't like being set to System Cache at all!

Hope that helps,
Mike

YOU ARE A LEGEND. Yep she's all fixed up now!! I can't believe it's just something like that!!! Do you know if it was actually only using 64mb, or did it just think it was. I mean, did you get better performance afterwards. I think I may have, I just upped all the settings to absolute max in UT2K3 and it running the same as when I had it all just set to "High".

Thanks heaps :D

voxace said:
YOU ARE A LEGEND. Yep she's all fixed up now!! I can't believe it's just something like that!!! Do you know if it was actually only using 64mb, or did it just think it was. I mean, did you get better performance afterwards. I think I may have, I just upped all the settings to absolute max in UT2K3 and it running the same as when I had it all just set to "High".

Thanks heaps :D

I'll let you off cheap, from all my experience. Say 100 bux will do just fine... That'll bout cover the 100 bux you were about to waste on that Ati stuff! And imagine you didn't even have to figure it out!

Anyhow, if you had left it set to System Cache, it would have eventually trashed your OS install at some point. And yes it does affect performance. Before I found that turd I could only manage about 11000 from 3DMark(it varied widely at times as the OS deteriorated and as I fuxxed with the whole install trying to find that turd.). Afterwards now, I'm getting 14582. That is from a PNY Ti 4400. Anyway, glad you're now good to go! Oh yeah I like UT2003 maxxed out to! Great stuff!

I accept checks, paypal, cc, mo, or even trade with barter. :cool:

Cheers,
Mike

LOL! I'm Australian, my cash aint worth anything over there anyway - hehe.
Thanks mate...

voxace said:
LOL! I'm Australian, my cash aint worth anything over there anyway - hehe.
Thanks mate...

Yeah well at least I got a thanks and became a legend in my own mind, all for a measly 200 bux and a lot of time! :D

Oh one more thing, I've learned not to fux with twinking my OS in spite of all these stories on how to get more performance out of it.... I've had other horrors fuxxing with twinking with my OS according to some stories on how to get more performance out of it...

Take care.
Cheers,
Mike

Back