• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do with these CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koby

Disabled
alright my uncle just gave me a few cpu's he had laying around. I basically want to know if these are any good as far as overclockablity and general speed. (because I would have to go and buy a mobo for them :) ) -also mobo reccomendations :)

1st cpu:

AMD 133MHz CPU (what i know)

(below is whats on the chip)

Am5 x86 P75
AMD-X5-133ADW
A 9632DPA
(m) AMD
3.45VOLT
Heatsink & Fan Required

2nd cpu

AMD-K6 233MHz cpu (what i know)

(on the chip)

AMD-K6-233APR
3.3V Core/3v3V I/O
C 9746EPAW
(m) (c) 1997 AMD

3rd cpu

AMD-K6-2 400MHz cpu (what i know)

(on the chip)

AMD-K6-2/400AFQ
2.2V CORE/3.3V I/O
A 9914CPBW
(m) (c) 1998 AMD

Thanks!!!

Seriously if you are starting from scratch and having to buy everything I would recommend you turn them into keychains as it would be far more cost effective buying newer components and buying a new cpu for 50 bucks. I would also suspect that the components such a mobo etc may be hard to find and not necearily that cheap.

well i was kinda just wondering if maybe the 400mhz chip was a overclockable one to mess around with... i am sure i could pick up a mobo for 30bucks used no problem... just some **** to fry :) i already have ram/cases/ps/video/hd... ect...

the k6-2 400 at stock speeds is about the same speed as a P2 350.

I was able to o/c one to 436 but that's it...

If you can get a super socket 7 motherboard for under $25 I might play around with em. otherwise make keychains like the other guy suggested.

k6-2s were not known as great ocers, unfortunately- about the best you'll get is MAYBE 500 from the 400, and seeing 450 is more likely.

Not bad to play around with though, if you can get your hands on a mobo cheap (have people check closets. basements, etc :))

Super Socket 7 is what you need and I liked the DFI boards a lot back then- stable, fast (for their day!) and plenty of voltage/multi/bus jumpers to mess with.

Back