• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SubZero4G????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It doesnt really seem worth more money for what it is. I mean its basically 1 fan a really booty big slot cooler and one colored HS. I already have a ton of fans and I have tried slot coolers but no real help. I already got my HS and the only part about it is that it isnt a cool blue.

I mean if you dont already have the above components then it might be worth a shot...
Just wait for reviews and see how the only worth while product in that set is (The HS)

The Tt SubZero4G is a remarketed version of the ActiveCool AC4G, which my site will be reviewing in a few weeks.

It doesnt really seem worth more money for what it is. I mean its basically 1 fan a really booty big slot cooler and one colored HS. I already have a ton of fans and I have tried slot coolers but no real help. I already got my HS and the only part about it is that it isnt a cool blue.

Umm, I think you have misunderstood something here.

The SubZero makes use of the peltier technology, only difference is that the card regulates the effectiveness of the peltier keeping the CPU at a constant of 30 C. Which is good because then you will never have to worry about condensation and it keeps the CPU at a healthy temp. I will definately buy it if the price is right or if I haven't installed a w/c setup by then.

they say it makes the case quieter. thats BS. adding heat can't amke it quieter

any tec makes heat ina ddition to moving heat. thats what happens to the ridiculous amount of electiricity that goes into them. not too bad with the tiny one they use, but it still adds heat

Does someone know when does they gonna sell it???? I like it basicaly because use a pelt, and keep my system at 30c, and also don't gonna have a leak prob.... what do you think???? and also... look cool.... jajajaja :D

sirtoby;
you can get under 30C with normal watercooling,
without using peltiers !!
also they use huge watts so then your PSU needs more cooling
or the big types need a separate PSU to drive it.
and they cost alot of money, better to invest that extra money in better / bigger radiator to get low water temp..
My homemade CPU copper block is only MAX 25C !
using NO FANs at all :)

oz2cpu said:
sirtoby;
you can get under 30C with normal watercooling,
without using peltiers !!
also they use huge watts so then your PSU needs more cooling
or the big types need a separate PSU to drive it.
and they cost alot of money, better to invest that extra money in better / bigger radiator to get low water temp..
My homemade CPU copper block is only MAX 25C !
using NO FANs at all :)
most of these statements are pretty true - you can get below 30C with plain watercooling but it depends on room temp and settings, sometimes/often a seperate psu is necessary for a high power pelt, a 226 watt potted pelt can cost as much as $36 but can be had for cheaper...

What has to be remembered though is that a pelt can get subambient temps, all the way down to approaching zero. There are formidable things to consider when looking at employing pelts in your cooling setup, but they can also really improve temps - a very realistic improvement would be 15-20C.

Last edited:
The PCI card it uses cools itself. It controls the fan speeds, monitors the on die temps (it has a thermistor over the core), and powers the peltier.

a quick forum search on peltiers and the username doc can yield the amount of heat your cooling loop will have to dissipate when using a peltier. it is MUCH greater.

yeah, I'm not really sure how a heatsink would be able to handle all that heat generated? I've tried peltiers before with HS and they don't work too well.

woopsy, i didnt realize this product was an air cooled tec unit. IT SUCKS. :) If they successfully air cool a pelt and get good temps then they will have been the first to do it i believe.

they dont even define a tec well:
TEC, which stands for "Thermal Electric Cooling", is based on the Peltier
Effect. It was first discovered in the early 19th century.
DC current passes through the thermo-electric device causing heat to be absorbed at one side and releasing to the opposite side during operation.
it should not be said that a tec absorbs heat, it doesnt do this at all, it simply pumps heat from one surface to another.

this part is just a plain lie:
In contrast, in a thermo-electric active cooling unit (Figure 1), the CPU is isolated from the heatsink by the thermo-electric unit (a solid-state heat pump). If fan speed is reduced, the heat sink will become hotter. But the thermo-electric unit continues to pump heat from the CPU to the heatsink. Noise can be reduced while maintaining the same level of cooling of the CPU. This is not possible with conventional air cooling.
the hotside has to be kept at a cool enough temp to retain a cold coldside temp. if hotside temp rises, coldside temp rises. The pci controller only controls fans, it does not alter the power administered to the TEC. so when the hotside rises, there will be no increase in the delta T that the tec creates and coldside will also rise. So if nothing else, the fan would never ever slow down. realistically, the fan will never slow down and coldside temps on the coldplate will never be able to remain at 30C with an overclocked processor. thats just my opinion, but i am anxious to see it hold true. air cooling a tec is a bad bad idea, way too much heat to dissipate... and the whole deal with being able to decrease the fan speeds on top of this is just manure.

Last edited:
The thing is that the peltier shouldn't give away that much heat in that setup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it so that the pelt gets hotter on one side when it gets colder on the other, i.e. they are proportional. So the side only gets really hot when the pelt actually is bringing it down to minus degrees. In this case it's held at a constant 30 C, which should mean that the other side doesn't get THAT hot.

And yes, you could probably yield better results with w/c. But with this setup you wouldn't have to worry about leaks, the cpu would be at a constant temp (which is better for the chip) and you don't need to get lower temps.. you won't really get the chip to go higher.. doesn't really matter whether it's 25 C or 30 C.

And for those who wondered what the card is doing there, that is the card that regulates the peltier, so that the temp is kept at a constant.

Anyways.. if it comes in at a decent price I'll get it.. I mean if you think about it it's just as good as a water cooling kit.. you will still need a fan to cool the radiator in a w/c setup, and here you would have to use a fan for cooling the peltier.

If it's not too expensive I'll pick up one and then also a SLK-900.. and slam a quiet 92 mm fan on it.. :)

im scared of the slk-900, too heavy for my taste, but i would love to use my 57 cfm 35 dba panaflo 92mm fan up on it :0

yes, a wcing system will work better, but there is something to be siad for ease of use. this is not for extreme ocers, just ones that have aircooled ocs, and would like to lower tewmp a bit. the heatsink can handle the tec because its a small one like only 80w. yes, TT lies about it a lot. oh, and with a regular tec, it would always be about the same temps, because it would be on all of the time to fold- I hope!!!

im at 32c right now with seti running. im using a tt volc7 with a smart fanII. with no load i sit at around 22c. of course my room is kept at 19c but i like it chilly.

~z

Back