• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EM3 not able to retrieve points

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnOC

Registered
For the last month or so, EM3 hasn't been able to retrieve my point total (the box in the upper left, just under the config button)

When I double click on it, it says "Error" and goes back to displaying all 0s. I've reinstalled EM3, and I'm using the latest version.

Any ideas?

Do you have a firewall program running, such as Norton Internet Security or Zonealarm? It could be that your firewall is preventing EMIII from accessing the internet.

In EMIII, go to the Options "General Settings" page and turn off "Check my Stats Automatically". I have found that sometimes you cannot double-click to update your points total when this option is turned on.

You had to have changed something... ;)

EM uses the IE settings to get info from the web...
If you're using something like ZoneAlarm, etc. you might need to make sure EM can get out to the net.

It is possible, remotely, that there is an issue with the new stats and your name/team configuration. If you can't make it work email me a copy of your client.cfg file.

No proxy, no ZoneAlarm.

Come to think of it, this started about the same time that stanford put in the new stats pages. I bet it has something to do with that, especially since I didn't choose a particularly unique username.

One of the people I recruited used a + as the first character in his name and he had some problems with the stats thing that BurningPhoenix made so you could be having a problem similar to him. He ended up having to change his username so the stats would recognize him but I don't think he used EM3 before he changed his name so I'm not sure if that would be an issue or not.

I ran into this problem 3 or 4 weeks ago, updated EMIII and my problems went away. Try this out and see if it cures your problems like it did with me.

JohnOC said:
No proxy, no ZoneAlarm.

Come to think of it, this started about the same time that stanford put in the new stats pages. I bet it has something to do with that, especially since I didn't choose a particularly unique username.

Are you running V 2.3.1 of EMIII?

Back