• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which consumer level video encoding software is multi-threaded?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
which of the consumer level video encoding software is multi-threaded?? can't afford Adobe!! is Pinnacle Studio 8 multi-threaded??

also, which one has best encode quality & speed?? or they all about the same??

and anyone is P4 (SSE2) optimized??

i'm new in the video editing stuff. and i'm not looking for DVD output. more looking for VCD (or S-VCD) final output.

tks in advance! ;)

i did some video editing (maybe a few hrs worth total)
i never had a dual rig, sry cant be more help.

actually now that i think about it, my friend down the street had a dual rig (like 1yr+ ago) and he had a dual... i forget what he used

Last edited:
You want encoding, not editing right? A great inexpensive encoder is TmpgEnc. It has multi thread capability Plus it has been optimized for the new HT P4. Go Here.

For best quality you would use Cinama Craft but be prepared to spend some money. It is not inexpensive software.

actually, what i'm trying to do is.........i downloaded some MTV mpg files (legally), and i want to burn it as a VCD (or better S-VCD), and veiw it on regular TV/PC/DVD player.....

LandShark said:
actually, what i'm trying to do is.........i downloaded some MTV mpg files (legally), and i want to burn it as a VCD (or better S-VCD), and veiw it on regular TV/PC/DVD player.....

If they are already in mpeg (1) format then all you need to do is use Nero or another type of burning software.

If they are divx or non mpeg format then I highly recomend TmpgEnc. Very good quality encodes, and it has good optimizations plus-muti threaded.

EDIT: here is a site that I swear by, and everyone should be informed about. www.vcdhelp.com

LandShark said:

DVDRhelp.com

They have all kinds of tutorials, app info and pretty much anything you need to know about these kinds of things. The forums are great too, check it out.

Last edited:
cack01 said:

If they are already in mpeg (1) format then all you need to do is use Nero or another type of burning software.
the problem is, it is a mpg file; however, i'm using Easy CD Creator's build in Video CD software. (yeah i know, and that's why i'm posting this thread :p ) and when i add the file, it said it will have to be the mpeg1 format or it's not playable on most VCD/DVD player.....:rolleyes: and that's why i then use the Video Impression (again, build in from EasyCD Creator) to open & re-save the file to NTSC but still saying mpg format.

i have 2 dualXP @ 1.66GHz and thought it will make quite a different if i use it to edit/encode the files. but i also building a 3.2GHz+ watercooled P4 rig too, and that's why i also wonder which one is SSE2 enable.

tks for all you guys' advice!! ;)

So then I guessing its an mpeg (2) which is for SVCD. Most burning software won't burn SVCD b/c they like to make us mad, or in NERO's case they like to make us buy plugins.

You may want to try VCD EASY : http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_Downloads I use it to burn SVCD and VCD. Or if you want, you can use TmpgENC to encode the file into vcd format and then try to use Easy CD creator.

Here is small (and not very good) guide on how to use it: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/vcdeasyhowto.htm

Here are better guides on how to use it: http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_Guides

Back