• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano9 CoolMod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skylinkdave

Ok, I know I can't connect the CoolMod and the case IDE indicator to the motherboard simultaneously - it has to be one or the other or I'll damage the mobo. Has anyone figured out a way around this?

Dave

That’s wild, I didn’t see any information on where you can hook it up even in their pdf file. And I never used it before so I cant be much help sorry but I do know if you have it in line with the case HDD led you could just yank one or the other and the LED will get brighter.

Yeah, the pics on their website don't show the LEDs themselves nor the massive tangle of wires spilling off this thing. The LEDs plug directly into the mobo header, and are not connected inline with the case LEDs. So I can't figure out what might be drawing power off the blue LEDs and making them appear dim. No such problem with the red IDE activity LEDs - they drown out the blue ones when the hard drive is active.

thanks,
Dave

I would think that their (the LEDs) could be the problem the motherboard header was designed with only one low out put led and not 2 super bright LEDs…just my $0.02

Stedeman said:
I would think that their (the LEDs) could be the problem the motherboard header was designed with only one low out put led and not 2 super bright LEDs…just my $0.02

Good point, that could be it.

thanks,
Dave

Back