• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NForce 2.0 and ASUS Update Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverNBlack

Registered
I don't know if it was due to me getting the Chipset Driver from Nvidia, but now when I go to use my ASUSupdate program, it says that no ASUS board was detected. I yelled and pointed saying, "LISTEN TO ME YOU LIL @#$@!, IT'S RIGHT THERE!!!!!" But it still can't find it. I don't want to roll back my drivers, since I hate doing that.

But if it is the Driver and someone else is having the same problem, I will just wait for ASUS to release an official version themselves to fix this issue. So please let me know what you guys think.

I tried it once.. then it died and I could never restart it again.. so I went back to doing it from diskette

Thanks for the reply, but I am talking about the NForce2 chipset. I can't even re install it since updating my Drivers with the Non-Asus NForce drivers. But on Nvidia's site for these drivers, they say that they now fully support ASUS A7N8X motherboards. It is just wierd. I even DL'd the latest version of ASUSUpdate from their website.

P.S. ASUS's website Downloads are the worst I have ever seen. What is up with them?

Even using the ASUS Update from that ftp site it still doesn't work. I am pretty sure it is due to me using the latest NForce drivers from NVidia's site. They work great, so I am not changing them. I just can't update my BIOS until ASUS gets new drivers, because I have no Floppy drive in my system.

I wonder...................could I burn the BIOS to a CD Rom and do it that way using the Alt+F2 method? Let me know if any of you have tried it.

My sig doesn't show it, but I'm talking A7N8X too. I just swapped out recently. :D

Back