• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy Mother of PSU's BATMAN! Check this out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$89.99
i wish someone on here had one or knows a place to get a review on it. it looks SCHWEEEEET! i think i'm gonna go for it! :) my antec psu is dyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiing! i need to get something quick.
:eek:

oh thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!

off to read!

:)

*edit* the link you gave isn't the same line of psu's the ones i'm looking at. the one in the link i gave is a "devine power" psu, the link you gave is a different model... but it did get rave reviews... i wonder if this "devine power" psu would be as good quality? it looks awesome. and thanks for the link as it shows me kingwin is a high quality brand.

Last edited:
Jerky said:
oh thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!

off to read!

*edit* the link you gave isn't the same line of psu's the ones i'm looking at. the one in the link i gave is a "devine power" psu, the link you gave is a different model... but it did get rave reviews... i wonder if this "devine power" psu would be as good quality? it looks awesome. and thanks for the link as it shows me kingwin is a high quality brand.

maybe you would find information on both models at the kingwin website.
I guess both are the same except for the aluminum cage, and the fans.
but, I assume that if the one reviewed is good, the other might only be better if they're not the same.

yeah, i'm at their website right now checking it out. i need to see if they are normal loud"ish" fans, or quiet fans like my antec, which about to die.

*edit* ok here's what the product specs are:

Aluminum ATX 450Watts Divine Power Series.
Supports Intel ATX 12V ver.1.1 & 2.03 Standard.
Compliant With AMD K7 (Athlon).
4 High Quality Bearing Fans, Suitable For "ALWAYS ON" application.
Fast Cooling, Low Noise & Ripple.
3 Speed Thermal Fan Control Switch.
Fan Grill & Gold Plated Connectors, Preventing Rust & Bad Connection.
I/O Short circuit & Overload Protection Design.
1 quad -led color fan.

"Fast Cooling, Low Noise & Ripple." i wonder just how quiet this actually is?

what is "ripple"? ...does anyone know what this term means?

Excelsior said:
4 fans = alot of noise

Yuppers. Still looks like a metal box to me. I don't see how adding 2 lower CFM and problably louder dB fans is a good idea.

I think THESE look better

psu_blue.jpg

psu_clear.jpg

psu_red.jpg

psu_green.jpg

Isn't it more efficient to use one large fan rather than twin small fans, because the center hub of the fan is about the same size for large and small fans, so large fans have more area devoted to the blades and can move more air than two small fans?

Ripple is the pulsating part of the DC, IOW the AC portion. The AC voltage comes out of the transformer and is converted to pulsating DC by diodes and then filtered by a capacitor. But the capacitor can't eliminate all the pulsation, or ripple. Every company seems to give the same ripple numbers, about 50-100 millivolts.

If a lighted supply was modded by a dealer, it's not UL listed. I asked one dealer that, and when I went back to their website a few minutes later, the claim of UL approval was removed, but they didn't remove the Canadian UL approval

larrymoencurly said:
Isn't it more efficient to use one large fan rather than twin small fans, because the center hub of the fan is about the same size for large and small fans, so large fans have more area devoted to the blades and can move more air than two small fans?

Yes

Any reason you're not RMA'ing the TruePower? Or did you void the warranty?
As long as you have your receipt/invoice you have a 3 year warranty with us.

AntecRep

AntecRep said:
Any reason you're not RMA'ing the TruePower? Or did you void the warranty?
As long as you have your receipt/invoice you have a 3 year warranty with us.

AntecRep
yeah i can't rma it. i opened it up about a week after i bought it to adjust the pots (only to find out there weren't any) because i didn't know it was an "on the fly" voltage regulating psu.
so now my warranty is void and i ordered some foxcon/allied 450 watter from newegg for $41.99, it seems to have gotten descent reviews.
*sigh*
oh well, maybe if this new "thing" i ordered does the job for awhile and after i get my new radeon card i can save up for a new antec.

i don't know whats wrong with my antec 430watter, right after i blew the dust out of it with a few shots of compressed air it started messing up. but it was perfect before that. maybe a wire is touching the heatsink inside and has melted and is now getting shorted out... err something
:mad:

I couldn't find anything in the review about the voltages at minimum and full power. Am I missing something?

yeah i can't rma it. i opened it up about a week after i bought

You didn't open it properly. ;)

Did I miss how four fans makes this a better PSU?

Oh, it must be the lights. Never mind. :rolleyes:

If you only want a pretty box that makes a lot of noise, and you can't find a way to fit a Jack in the Box into your case, go for it.

If you want a good PSU, get a Sparkle FSP or PCP&C. You can dress those up with a little imagination and work, but you'll pay hell getting that Kingwin to perform like a Sparkle FSP or PCP&C.

BHD

well like i said. i got the foxcon allied 450 watt psu. i think i'm going to install it tonight and see what happens.
*gulp*
it can't be worse that hearing my northbridge chipset hsFAN going rrrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr trying to get enough juice to spin up and then start dying down again.

i don't know wtf's going on with this thing?

Back