• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extending my power supply wires?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

E_Man

I am currently trying to make something similiar to a radbox, with the heater core in my basement. So there is a whole in my floor carrying the water. If possible I would like to also move my power supply down there too.

Where can I buy extention cables which fit together w/molex connectors?

If there are non I could probly just solder it...

If i did this would I get any more voltage fluctuations then normal, are there any problems?

yeah, like that but I would need one for all the diffrent types of connections...hmmm

I wonder if this is feasable.

A company could make alot of money if they could make water cooled power supplies, anyone doing custom jobs?

Given the documentation and ensuing discussions about how the PSU voltage drops across the ATX connector, I can not imagine anyone voluntarily adding additional ATX connectors to their voltage path. You would be better off solder splicing in wire sections of the same guage or larger, depending upon the length of the additional run needed. I realize the amount of touch labor involved in doing this, but you need to consider the electrical impact of such an endeavor as remotely locating the PSU.

Hoot

Back