• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would XMS PC 3000 or 3200 be better all around for my pc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K-Lo19832003

Registered
My specs before you ask

Abit KX7-333 Mobo
Athlon XP 2100 T-Bread
Volcano 7 heatsink and fan
512 ddr cas2.5 (Brand elixer)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Stock)
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
Netgear 10/100 LAN card
Sony CDRW
Cheep A-drive

Overall would Consair XMS 3000 be better for my PC since i'm not unlocked on my processor or should I go to 3200 anyways?
I wanna know if the added price and preformance would be a large enough boost for my comp.

If you have anyother brands that would be just as good or better let me know aswell.

Basically the only difference between those are speed, so I guess it depends how high FSBs you are planning on running.

I'm planing to push it till I find the first unstable spot the back off till I can run as fast as I can without a lock up of screw up.

Your processor runs on 133 MHz FSB stock, right? If it does and if it isn't a TBredB, I doubt you'll hit FSB speeds to really approach 3200 memory settings (200 MHz) without unlocking the chip. The only exception to this would be if your motherboard supports asynchronous memory settings (don't know that much about current AMD mobos). If it does, I would go with the 3200 XMS. If not, you would probably be ok with 3000 XMS.

Back