• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

meanwell powersupply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordan

anyone get the meanwell powersupply from dangerden? Question is, how do you wire this thing up???

it has 3 posts for each area

the positive, the negative, the ground, then something labled "L" and "N"

each one has three screw down posts- I have no Ideah how to wire this thing into my computer to power my peltier!!!

Output is 12V 25A DC and has a selector or the side (power input??) for 115V or 230V if that helps!

I'll take a stab at this. First the AC connections. L is line and N is neutral. If you have a three wire AC cable you can cannabilize, hook the black wire to the L terminal, the white wire to the N terminal and the green ground wire should go to the ground terminal.

On the DC side, positive goes to the peltier red wire and negative to the black wire, assuming the peltier has red and black wires.

Good Luck

Hoot

thanks hoot, that looks about right- next question- is there anyway to rig it so the peltier shuts on and off with the computer switch? I'd hate to have the cpu turn off for some reason with the peltier still on and freeze up everything in the lines!! Or vice vers, the computer on with the peltier turned off!

Back