• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with xp2100b(3rd wk) and Chaintech Zenith temps!!!Very High

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaXimus[X-D]

my first Chaintech board was DOA but now i got my New one in and have 2 tbred week 48 and week 3 2100's and they both are topping out at about 2250 @ 1.8 now i got corsair pc3500 just fyi. question is these babies are showing to be running hot i am using a volcano 7+ and got a 9 too.at rest digi doc (proprietary chaintech mb monitoring tool) about 58c with load going to 65c @ 1.75-1.80 vcore. From what ive been reading and the reviews ive seen this seems to be a little high for these chips with these coolers. i read a few roundups and the 7+ isnt bad. the bios seems to colaborate these temps as well. i have a 462 but lost all the brackets from a previous overclock currently looking to get replacements. im using arctic silver three. does anyone have suggestion or opinion do you think this is simply a case of mis-reading bios? also i cant seem to figure out which sensors to use with mbm5 and this board anyone know? i got another 2100 and 4 1700s on the way for testing. btw i have good case cooling and not much difference with side off either.

any comments or help appreciated

I think you're reading the internal cpu diode (core of the sun is hotter than the surface).

I'm willing to bet you're probably still stable at those temps, and I think they're "real" core temps, probably like 50C surface temps (in-socket thermister temps/old method of reading from the bottom of the cpu).

Personally, I'd be a tad concerned with those temps. The max my watercooling setup and tbred 1800+ were allowed to run was 60C internal core at full use. You may need to drop the voltage (and probably the processor speed as a result) to lower the temps to within that 60C range. 1.8v is a lot of voltage for a tbred, they're pretty small cores.

thx Pinky im just reading over on athlonmb.com that this has been a concern for many as the on die temp the chaintech uses is about 10-15c higher than what we are accustomed to seeing but more accurate im sure.Ill have results of the 1700's 0302 and the other 2100 i ordered soon. can anyone think of a good step up from the 7+?

Back