• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5V is kinda low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shan

after I was running Prime95 for a while, 5V dropped a lot. from 4.97 to 4.84, my PSU is Enermax 350Watts. Does it mean I need to get a new PSU now? my cpu temp is pretty High 2. its XP 2000+ (didn't oc it) with Volcano 7+@Medium and Artic Silver III. I've seen a lot of you guys get the cpu temp. below 45C. so can you guys help me out with temp. and 5V?

As long as you're system is stable, don't worry about it.

I use to have a 350W Enermax. Didn't like it too much. I purchased it when I didn't know much about power supplies. It doesn't really have too high of an output.(3.3+5V rail is only 180W).

I think my 5V rail was also on 4.84V or so. The most accurate way is to measure it yourself and not rely on a program.

the other thing is that my temp. is kinda high, but when I open the case and touch the heatsinking, it's not even hot at all, just A LITTLE bit warm. How could this happen if the temp reported 50C by BIOS and programs? when I adjust the FSB a little bit, the system is not stable, like from 133 to 140 or so. I am kinda afraid of unlockin CPUz, cuz I cracked one 1600+ b4. It was hard to put the defrogger on those tiny pinz, is there any tip? How you guys put it on?

hi, there, always remember, don't try to fix something that is not broken and measure with testers, software can have issues sometimes;)

Back