• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot My Wc Setup Came

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhiteHawk

yep it came today! but argg i wont be able to use it until monday because my dad is getting a heatercore from a guy at his work. hes my setup:

DTEK TC-4 REV.2 WITH POLY TOP
MAXI-JET 900
EVERCOOL 120MM ALUMINUM FAN 80cfm <30dba
GREEN UV DYE
UV COLD CATHODE
CLEARFLEX 60
HEATERCORE FROM '72 CHEVY NOVA?????

ya thats my only question, is a heatercore from a 72 nova good?? because he is getting it for free probably so.....

What are the cooling area dimensions and what kind of material is it made from?

arg. ive been beaten already! my heater cores from a nissan but if your right about the 12 inches yours is bigger but mines wider :)

mines 10x6 inches and 2 and a half inches tall :)

most water blocks are much smaller then both of these Heater cores (Doh!) though.usualy 12cm2 roughly

Last edited:
That should cool beautifully!

Read some of the threads about aluminum HCs, corrosion and corrosion inhibitors and ask yourself what you would like to do.

P.S. How do you plan on mounting it in your case?

i have a chieftec server chassis....im gonna put it in the front. dunno how im gonna get it to stay there though.

Well, if you make a shroud you can cut the appropriate 120mm fans' locations and drill mounting holes. I have a chieftec matrix full-tower and the bottom half measure about 13.5 inches tall and 7inches wide. Make sure you measure the depth that you have before the HC/shroud starts to overlap the MB.

Last edited:
With your shroud.

Tape your shroud securely to your HC with aluminum tape, it looks like solder.

It doesn't stand on its bottom tanks?

Could you post some pics, I think it would be alot easier to understand what you mean by stay "upright".

Alternatively, try describing in great detail how you plan to mount.

i dont have the heatercore yet im going tomorrow to pick it up. what i mean is how do i keep the hc standing up in front of my case. it might stand on its own dunno.

Heck i took my case to work and welded some braces on it... Of course my HC is too large to fit inside my case. So i had to weld some braces to the side of it and make it external. Them cases sure are thin! Only blew threw it one time :)

well i dunno about yours but my heater core (not waterblock) has a rounded top and bottom that looks like plastic coated metal, and i have an ancient gateway 2200 full tower off a 166mgz pentium, but the problem is the rad will not fit in the front of the case as the floppy disk drive rack is in the way, i can remove that but then i have to take the power leaads and switch's, LED leads etc around the heater core so i have to solder on new leanths of wire to them then cut two 120mill blow holes for my fans in the plastic front of the case and a cut a massive hole in the metal of the case front, and thats just for the rad :|

my resovoir is gonna be The Tube by ocpc 25x11 cm or somthing and with a GF4 card sticking out at all angles in the case its gonna be one hell of a tight fit

i *could* mount the rad above my powersupply as there is tons of room and a rack i could convert to hold it, but 1 leak and kerpow goes the psu so i don't trust it, just like i don't trust ferrets that where santa hats. its not right.

Back