• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7-MAX First time wont boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkversed

Registered
I have p4 1.6a/256mb kingston pc2700 valueram on abit it7-max. When I tried to start it up for the first time, all I get is post code FF. No signal to the monitor. I removed all the pci cards, I've swapped video cards still nothing (im using 8500LE). All the fans spin, but the cd-rom wont open. Is this board dead?? Thanks

yeah the monitor is fine, I've tested it on another comp. Something wierd the cd-rom works if when disconnected from the mobo, but wont work when connected.

If it gets to ff then you should be trying to load the operating system. Check all the voltages on the the ps. are the hd's spinning? any beep's?

I can't say I know whats happenen. Sounds like could be abad MB. Also the power supply could be faulty other than that it could be a short somewhere. double check connections to the MB

Don't worry about the visual if the hard drives aren't spinning
you are dead in the water. they should start to spin as soon as you push the button.

Try pulling the MB out of the case it may be shorting on something. Lay it on a rag or tabletop anyplace away from metal.

Just an idea

Have you figured out the problem to this?

Now I got the same problem.

Mobo goes straight to FF as soon as you push the button. No beeps, no nothing, the fans spin though.

I took the mobo out of the case and disconnected all devices but nothing so far...

I am having the same problem, I just recieved my IS7 mobo today and installed everything and nothing will show up on the monitor. The fans will spin, but none of the cd roms will open.

If your IT7 goes straight to "FF", pull it completely apart, even the CPU, and set it up on a static free surface. Also, re-seat the memory, and video card.

Try setting it up with only the CPU-hsf, memory and video card. No drives. See if it will post at all, It can get through the POST process without any drives installed.

Also, try re-setting the CMOS jumper, and leaving it in the reset position for an hour, and remove the battery too.

Another thing, how good is your power supply?

steve

Well I can say that I have a similar problem too. Not running high voltages (nothing over stock) on my IT7-Max and started to see problems. Then started to see problems daily. Now won't even boot up.

Heck I get a A7 error all the time now (which is a memory error from what i found). But I started noticing that my ram voltage was slipping from its normal 2.48 - 2.5 volts down to 2.4 then 2.3 then 2.1 which happen to be the last time I saw it. So im thinking my voltage regulator went dead. I have no leaky compacitors on the board. My water system is sealed tight and hasn't been modified at all in the last month.

Well thats what happened to me. Going for a new mobo myself now.

Back