• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit kt7a crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nystar

Registered
I have a abit k7a mobo and a duron 800mhz clocked to 1gh, 256meg of pc100 ram 32meg 3d prophet graphics card, monstersound mx300 sound card.
The problem is that the pc keeps crashing, i have replaced the cpu to garenteed 1ghz cpu but it keeps crashing, i have also updated all of my drivers and the os to ME but still it crashes, The cpu is running at 32C under load so i know it is not overheating, is there any one out there that knows of any compatability problems with this type of mobo

fsb 100x 10 3.85v, i have lowered all the bios settings to the standard factory settings and i have also done a complete reinstall!

crashing how?illeagal ops or freezing? or bsod?
anything wrong in device manager?
what bios do u have?

just freezes i have downloaded the latest bios, i have read that the SB emulation for the mxIII some times causes problem so i have disabled that but apart from that there are no conflicts

What bios version are you using? The YH bios has a known bug that will lock you up on the windows desktop right after booting up if you set the multiplier manually. All you have to do is change the K7 CLK_CTL to optimal instead of default. I fought this "little" problem for three days till I found the solution.

try this it helped mine,go to device manager performance click on file system troublshoting and place a checkmark next to disable sync buffer commits.if it doesnt work for you just change it back,it did for me now im getting to post at settings i could not get with ww.

GotCow (May 19, 2001 09:54 a.m.):
What bios version are you using? The YH bios has a known bug that will lock you up on the windows desktop right after booting up if you set the multiplier manually. All you have to do is change the K7 CLK_CTL to optimal instead of default. I fought this "little" problem for three days till I found the solution.

Okay, you made Hoot look. I am running a KT7A with YH bios and the K7 CLK_CLT set to default. I change multiplier and FSB settings daily and the only time I get a lockup at the Windows desktop is when I try to overclock too high. I just ran my settings back to 10x150, rebooted with no problem, ran it back up to 10.5x145 and again, no lockup. So, i rebooted and set it to optimal. No change in performance running Sandra benchmarks, so I'll leave it set to optimal. What is that setting supposed to accomplish? Does not seem to effect my system either way.

Hoot

YOU ARE DA BOMB DOOD!!!! That TOTALLY fixed my can't go over 10 mult problem on my system. Now I am at 10.5x133 and running stable right now. WOOHOO!!! I thought I had a shitty board too. The new ZT <I think it is off amdmb.com> has that same problem. WOOHOO!!! Time to try other mults now, HEHEHHEHEHEHEHEH!

Glad to help. This forum has always been there for me so I thought I'd spread the wealth.

Happy overclockin!!!!!

i am using a wz bios version?. I have tried changing the sdram setting sound card settings agp settings but it still freezes. sometimes it does not freeze but other times it is almost straight away, i have also tried changing the dimm slots for the ram/

how do i change the fsb to a speed that the softmenu menu does not go to
(does that make sence?)

That little diddy fixed my problem of lockups with anything but a 10 multiplier on my 1.33. Good job dude! Thanks. Now I'm at 1530 and gonna get more as soon as I make sure it's stable here. Before it would boot into windows then just lock up. Now it hasnt locked up yet and probably wont.

Hey Hoot, that seemed to fix my little multiplier problem I was having! Woo Hoo!

i had the yh and had a little trouble with the freezing,thought i had fixed it in device manager(it may have done nothing)but it quit freezing anyway.a few days later went to zt and started again.clk was still at optimum,went to default and quit freezing! there is somthing wierd here.

can any please tell me what this pencil trick is and what it does

Back