• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are the plastic washers that go on the wb really important?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lumen

subject says it all. I lost one and I dont believe the hardware store will have any. Can i just have the springs flush to the top?

I personally don't use the washers and I don't have any grounding problems or anything of the sort so I am sure if you are using poly screws then you'll be fine w/o.

ack, no poly screws, maybe ill just have to go to the hardware store and check.

yah the washers standardly help in 2 things.
1 i guess people are worried of conductivity, i know myself im not however some are.
2 and i beleive the real purpose of them is for you to keep from chewing the hell outta your mother board...

I would put them between the spring and the nut your screwing down, it makes it easier to do so and a TON easier to take the nut off...

i never used plastic washers (i couldn't be arsed to filddle with the lil buggers). With out them just make sure you don't crush your mobo by tightening the screws too much. ive never seen a mobo crack due to strain from the screws but i guess you will be alright as the waterblock doesn't weigh that much.

Back