• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7A266 Multiplyer Locked!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueScreenOfDeath

Registered
Hey,
I have an Asus A7A266 DDR mobo. From what I have read and experienced that the multiplyer in the BIOS (jumperfree mode) is locked even on unlocked processors. I have an AMD Athlon AXIA 1.2GHz that I would like to get up into the 1.5GHz range. I have the DIP switches on my mobo (new revision, old ones didn't even have multiplyer dips) for the multiplyer and fsb, but their are only a select few choices for the fsb (133, 126, 120, 101, 100, and 90) not like the options i saw in the bios which were single incriments up to like 180 for jumperfree mode. I was wondering if the DIPS is the only way to change the multiplyer or are their other little tricks? Anyone know if the next BIOS update will have multiplyer changing in jumperfree mode?

Thanks in advance,
-Mark

Hi,

I have the same problem as you. I can't change the multiplier of my mobo. Not on jumperfree Mode or through dips. No chance. I even updated my BIOS to the newest version. No difference! :( My Revision Number is: 1.02 E647.
But instead I can change the FSB in +1 steps... but my PC only boots up until @ 140FSB.
Why does Asus lock the multiplier and on other mobo's not?!

Back