• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Dually !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisdafu

Just got back from pressing the button at newegg and these things are on their way to my house:
2 x 1700+ Tbred's
Antec True 430Watt PSU
Western Digital 120GB SE HDD
512MB Crucial PC2700 DDR
Black ChiefTec Case
Lite-On 16x DVD
Hercules Gaming Theater XP 7.1 Retail
AS3
Some Panaflo Fans

And last but not least
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700pro and Toshiba DVD-r/DVD-RW Drive

I already have a MSI k7d mobo here and 2 sk-6+'s. The only sad thing about this is its not mine. My parents. :p I really wont mind them having a better computer than me because I wil get to play with it. Also since I sold them the k7d which was mine I am getting a epox 8rda+, slk-800 with tornado, and a 2100+ tbred. I think its time I started FOLDING again.

Unregistered. The board supports it in the first two slots doesnt it?

yes but you are limited to the first 2 banks. The other 2 banks can never be filled as you cant use registered and unregistered ram in the board. So you will end up in the situation I am in at the min where I am having to toss my old ram in order to upgrade.

Anybody buying ram for a dually should buy registered for upgradeability.

You'll never need more than a gig of ram unless you want a heavy duty server/graphics workstation. The only reason to get registered ram otherwise is if you want to have 1+ gigs of ram.

I wouldn't mind registered ram for the stability, but the price isn't worth it.

Back