• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1700 TO XP 2100 B big gain??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TRANCER24

im using the xp 1700 does anyone know how much of a gain i would see going to a 2100 b series. Is it worth it would it be worth the upgrade or better to wait??

1785 VS 2.4 is it worth it? mabey but i dont think you will see much more speed differance. 600mhz is alot,but i think once you go over 1500mhz it almost takes another 1ghz to see a speed differance.excluding benchies.if you game yes you will then.

you can sell teh 1700 for $40 most likley in classifieds.use that to offset the price.also id look into the 1700B's newegg has.just on the 2100's heels and is only $53

wait? wait for what is really the question? barton is over priced except for the 2500 and its gonna just be a marginal ocer until a few revisions go by,mabey in 8 months the bartons might hit the lower speeds and will be more affordable.or wait a year and mabey score a athlon64.

if you like playing and tinkering non stop like me the 1700 and 2100 is the real deal and affordable.if the pc is a tool, and you set it and forget it dont buy anything and wait.

"edit" btw you have all the good parts to make these chips beg for mercy,dont let a fun oc pass you by.

well i was in this boat myself 5 days ago.i have a 1800 aiuga that does 2.1ghz but i wanted a new toy.

i ordered a 1700B from newegg.it better be a "B" as thats what everyone is getting.i sent a MO so will take me longer to get my paws on it.
heres what ive been seeing
1700 -2.1-2.3 on air
2100 -2.3-2.4 on air
add h20 it goes up 100-200mhz.

the 1700 is almost half the price.both are good deals and oc like mad.i chose the 1700 also since i have the 1800 still,and havent sold it.

dang this is hard to choose i have the credit card out right now.
but from what you know the b series 1700 will slap my agoia 1700??

into oblivian!

but ocing is always a chance of bad things happening.but odds are favorable. :D

ahh i feel much much better now. Thank you for your advice i just ordered the xp 1700 from newegg they better ship me the B series chip.

you doubted my advice? :p
haha jk man i know i like to hear things from several people also.
but i did alot of research as i always do before i buy something.so i was pretty confident on advising the 1700 or 2100.

i highly doubt newegg will send a tbredA,its happened tho and id just rma it back and pay the restocking fee,just dont install it.
and should get a B back.

From what I see and hear, all the XP1700 tbreds from newwegg are "b" chips. You will definitely have fun overclocking it. I had a XP1700 JIUCB for a weekend and had it up to 2265mhz @ 1.9v on air.

Back