• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludio

Im Intel illiterate. Whats the best Heatsink for the P4 platform. if I get one I plan to aircool at first and need the best I can possibly get. And, does it matter what type of fan you use? Whats the best out now?

well,

the retail HS may just get you by...

you'll be real suprised at how good they are.

I would recamend the ax-478 HS for getting that extra few FSB out of the chip you'll get.

as for fans.....sunon, ystech, and panaflow are great names.
80mm is the size you need.

I would only get the delta fans if you realy don't mind the extra noise...yet they will realy help cool off that HS.

the ax-478 is also cheap if you can find it.

two or more quiet fans for case cooling is also recamended.

good luck

mica

Yeah I plan on getting the Antec 1080 AMG and adding 3 more Antec 80mm fans in there for a total of 5. But im not to sure if I want to get he AMD or Intel I have no loyalties to either just want a fast overclockable system.

Edit: I had alot of errors.

Last edited:
Ludio said:
Yeah I plan on gettin the Antec 1080 AMG and adding 3 more Antec 80mm fans in thre for a total of 5. Put im not to sure if I want to get he AMD or Intel I have no loyalties to either just want a fast overclockable system.

5 case fans may be a little overkill, unless your room is hot.

two or four quiet fans is all you'll need with intel.

mica

Thanx I have much time to decide since I don't plan on getting it till the springdale comes out and see how it performs.

Back