• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palomino on KT 133A Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

App

Will I be able to install the new Palomino - Athlon 4 Desktop on my current KT 133A Motherboard? For the record, I have an MSI K7T Turbo.

I believe so! MSI will need a new bios but I am pretty sure that they will work. haven't seen any site that confirms this. Mobo will probably be much better by the time the new palminos come out so I will be upgrading to ddr anyhow.

Thanks! Sofar DDR boards haven't convinced me that much to make the investment worth, but things may change. It seems that http://www.athlonoc.com will release some interesting details about which mobo the A4 can be used on and some preliminary thoughts about OC'ing the A4 in the course of this week.

One thing to note, Palominos are designed to be optimized with DDR boards, so you will see huge increases in memory performance in combination with that particular chip.

Athlons and Durons weren't originally meant to be used with DDR, so the performance increase isn't great. Right now, my PC133 memory is running (SiSoft Sandra) 575/610 memory benchmarks, whereas DDR ram is running barely over 600 on both.

YES-AMD says that it wil work with the new chips-but DDR will best what to use for maximum performance-as good pc133 is used for currecnt tbirds, durons. The first to come outi believe is a 1gig followed my a 1.4 and a 1.6 gig-thats just what I have read-im sure there is more current info out

I addressed this 'simple' question to MSI as well.......nope...they answered me politely that my K7T Turbo would not be able to handle the A4 Palomino desktop version. Well...seems I have to change to a DDR board....

Back