• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ya think about this PS ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm....well i dont know how good the company is, but most of the customized (colored and shiz) are made of lesser priced psus (normal price before the modifications are done) but these may actually be some good ones....i really dont like buying the fancy ones for the above reason.....btw :: what psu are you using at the moment?

:: what psu are you using at the moment?

I am using the generic 300 watt that came with the case... As you can see, i need a new one. I think this may be a little of the reason i cannot get more than 180 FSB outta my setup. Anymore than that it wont post. I never have an stability problems though?

What are signs that you dont have enough power??

Cursor: Thanks for the link. I guess i wont be getting that one. Sure sounded good though. 500 watt, Aluminum, dual lighted fans for 69.00

In 2000, Anandtech showed that two 400W Leadman PSUs (Powmax = Leadman = Robanton) were weaker than some 250-300W PSUs.

In 2002, Tom's Hardware Guide showed that a 500W Leadman could put out only 426W, or 28W less than a 350W Fortron (Sparkle).

At least Powmax is reliable, seems to have good short protection, and their heatsinks are among the largest (not true with their Robanton brand).

Clash,

A good power supply will provide even voltage to all of your components, thus reducing component failure. Never use a cheap power supply unless your building a really cheap computer. Even then, it might not be worth the few bucks you save.

Back