• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding injurys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

i want to start this thread where you tell what you hurt and how you did it. today i cut finger on some sharp metel in my case when reaching back behind( or in front i should say) of the floppy. and trying to get that aluminum plate off. a nice deep cut and now i have a bloody bandade. so what about you what and how have you hurt yourself modding?

I love war wounds, got to many to count most from razors and sharp metal sticking out of some thing I just cut (worst ever was when I was 18 got stitches 2 times in one day…have you ever had a doctor and a pair of nurses laugh at you :D it’s damn good I was laughing too)

I shredded my hand long long ago trying to turn a G-ORB into a waterblock.

I was using a combo of hand+vice, and the vice slipped.

It was as crappy a waterblock as it was a fan heatsink.

Paul.

My roomate pulled his Drummel out and set it on his lap and plugged it in and it was set on 35,000Rpms and fell off his lap, so what did he do? Grabbed it (while it's still on) then unplugged it. When he grabbed it it cut his forfinger down to the bone!

So what does he do? Grab some super glue and glue it shut, take a guzzel of his beer and, begin to cut what ever it was he was cutting.

That was a 1 1/2 ago and he still doesn't have full feeling back in that finger. It got him on the 1st knuckel and now he has feeling in about half of it.

He's a dumbass.....But a Cool dumbass!

Stedeman said:
I have used super glue to seal cut too works real good on razor / thin cuts :p

2 questions...
1.) does it work? (ex stop bleeding so you can continue to work)
2.) does it hurt

i think i may have just found the cure to my electrical tape shortage problem hehe, i can finally use it for electronics rather than wrapping finger wounds hehe

every time I've installed stuff to a new case I've cut myself.. when the cases are new they come with those reaaally sharp metal edges which my fingers are not really fond of.. ;)

oh, and I accidentally burned my finger on a soldering iron when I modded my keyboard.. :)

actually, they DO have surgical grade super glue now......they put it on my mom's finger when she cut it with a hedge trimmer.....

so far the closest i've come to hurting myself modding is shattering a dremel cut-off wheel.....heh, I ran out of fiberglass and I didn't want to run off to the store to get more, heh. I was lucky enough to avoid any flying pieces......

I know that a lot of Guitar players use superglue when they play enough to make their fingers bleed, so they can keep playing.

-Dae-

Most of my injurys are from working on cars not computers, closest thing is almost inuring the computer by stabbing the mobo with a screwdriver while trying to put a heatsink on:D

I dropped my friends 15" monitor that we were planning to paint right on the side of my knee... needless to say I was rolliing on the ground for a good 5 minutes and had to ice down the fat bruise that started to appear... one word of advise when transfering a monitor from a car to your work area, please don't pick it up by the display stand... lol :D

drilled a hole nearly threw my hand a while back... been shocked countless times..... killed many components!

Alright, my turn:

got shocked (working on old tvs)
got burned (working on old tvs)
had a few fingers cut by case fans
tore skin of both hands while cutting heatsinks
cut hands coutless times by touching sharp pieces of metal
got innumerable bruises overthe years
stabed my hands with pliers, screw drivers, etc.
skinned parts of my hand with a 7" angle grinder
cut my hand with drills
had my thumbnail split in half when a basketball hit it head on
toe nail torn off while at school

*THE BEST*
When I was 11, my father, brother, and I built a soapbox racer to race with on a local race. We did ot put any breaks on it cause we didn't think itwould go to fast.

-Race Day-
The race was a 300 foot long sidewalk with a intersection and a telephone poll in the middle of the sidewalk at the end.

First run: my brother fell off at the end, while it was moving slow and scraped his side a bit.
Second run:I wet down myself. Got to a speed of about 25 miles and hit a bump in the "course." My feet hit the ground, I flew over the front axel, and my feet were caught under the thing. I got pushe about 40 feet before I came to a stop. Both my knees were skinned to the bown, My elbows were horribly skinned, the alms of my hands were shreded. Luckily I was wearing a helmet :) I could barely walk for a months.
The sweet thing was that I passed a car on the way down

Ghost68 said:

2 questions...
1.) does it work? (ex stop bleeding so you can continue to work)
2.) does it hurt

i think i may have just found the cure to my electrical tape shortage problem hehe, i can finally use it for electronics rather than wrapping finger wounds hehe

1- Yes it does work.
2- No it doesn't hurt.

I used to use the stuff when I was washing cars for a living. I tried everything, band-aids (water proof ones), electrical tape, duct tape, etc... Super glue was the only thing I could go for a full day without having to stop every 15 mins and re-bandage myself.

340Duster i did the exact same thing but it was not mine i was putting together my friends computer and slip a nice scratch was only seen by me ( i prayed that it would boot)no problem at all , yeah!!!

Back