• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can i do??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dura

i've built a system based on a Duron @800 on a Kinetiz 7B-good for it's money,badddd for overclocking it seems..-with a GeForce2,256 PC133 etc...my previous pc was based on a K6-2 @400-not the easiest to overclock..but this one i think is and i have no idea on how to do it..how does the processor unlock?how far can this processor go?helpppp-btw,what's this thing with Ultra100 and WinMe?..the damn thing doesnt work..it it "Me" or VIA drivers?..any suggestions..

The Duron 800 is a resonable CPU to overclock assuming that it is unlocked, the Duron 800 is usually capable of hitting aound 1 ghz providing you can keep the temprature down which requires a resonable HSF and possibly additional case cooling. When setting up the Duron try for a high FSB if possible, you should be able to run a 133 mhz FSB (remember 7/5x133 is faster than 10x100 even though both make 1 ghz). How high a FSB you can run depends upon the quality of your memory and system components.
------------------------------------------------
Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

UnseenMenace (May 21, 2001 02:52 p.m.):
The Duron 800 is a resonable CPU to overclock assuming that it is unlocked, the Duron 800 is usually capable of hitting aound 1 ghz providing you can keep the temprature down which requires a resonable HSF and possibly additional case cooling. When setting up the Duron try for a high FSB if possible, you should be able to run a 133 mhz FSB (remember 7/5x133 is faster than 10x100 even though both make 1 ghz). How high a FSB you can run depends upon the quality of your memory and system components.
------------------------------------------------
Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

YES YES very good what he said to do.

BUT also "DO" lots of reading of previous post's here.

They can show you what people have and are doing with it.

Good Luck, that's all it is. :)

there is an article on the frontpage showing several ways of unclocking the cpu. And our cpu database will show you how high people are getting their cpu's and sometime with wahat cooling solution, etc.

Here is a link to the article:
L1 Bridge Unclocking

Have fun oc'ing that cpu, you should be able to get a gig out of it.

pnce you unlock the L1's try dropping the multiplier and upping the FSB to 133-not all in 1step but gradually, that 800 should do well around the gig mark

Back