• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cancer Research

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
Everyone knows of Folding and SETI...but does everyone know of United Devices Cancer Research? This program does basically the same thing as SETI and Folding, using your available crunching power to look for ways to cure or help in cancer research.

My sister, Cynthia Sowell, 38, passed away of leukemia April 22, 2001...so from now on, I dedicate any machine I build to her by installing this program on it. I WANT to find a cure, so her three children, will not have to have suffered in vain.

Together, we can find a cure

Learn more here
Download it Here
Join the team here

ManOfKnight said:
bump... :( no responses

It's not that nobody cares, but we already have a Folding@Home team, which pretty much does the same thing as United Devices, but works on a wide range of other illnesses and diseases, too.

Hey, I'm not denouncing United Devices. I'm glad you have a cause, and I'm glad you're doing something about it. In the end, we're all shooting for the same goal: a cure for cancer, and that's a good thing :)

Back