• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Truepower 430w, wow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

l0rd_tornado

I just wanted to say that this is by far the best PSU I have ever owned or built into a system. Mine arrived on Friday, and I put it in my rig, which had preveously been running an Enermax 350watt. My enermax had very bad voltage problems for as long as I can remember. If I put the Vcore up around 1.85 to 1.9v, the 5v rail took a little hit, and then under full cpu load, the 5v rail would drop sometimes as much as .10v, down around 4.68v! I had an xp2000+ and couldnt even overclock it over about 1.75ghz on that Enermax PSU, the system would just lock up or not even boot. Voltages were so finicky and wishy washy. I even had a XMS2400 stick of ram die, and I think it was due to the extreme voltage fluxuations the enermax gave me. Well, I installed my new Antec and I was totally taken away by this thing! I dont care if my Vcore is default, or even as high as 2.1v, and Ram Voltage up to 1.9v, and full load on the scpu, my volatges dont budge even a penny! My 5v rail STAYS at 4.97 no matter what I do. I even jacked my voltages up really high and stressed my system to see if i could get my voltages to flucuate, and they didnt budge. The only flucuation is on the 12v rail where it bounces around 11.92v, That is probably due however to all the fans im running im running and the varying RPM fluctuations etc. My 5v Rail however is totally solid. I have only once or twice seen it leave 4.97v, and that was just to jump up to 4.99v for a second. Other than that this PSU is rock solid. My 2000+ is now running at speeds i have never been able to run it at. I had it in windows and messing around at 1.9ghz last nite. On the enermax PSU i couldnt dare even get 1.8ghz out of it, no matter what I did. If anybody is looking to upgrade there PSU soon, I would HIGHLY recommend the Antec Truepower line! This puppy is rock solid no matter what I throw at it, and im running 4 80mm fans, 2 120mm fans, 3 hard drives, 2 cdrom drives, floppy, and all my pci cards and Ti4600 graphics card just to give you an idea of the load on it. I am very satisfied with this PSU personally.

Well this is good to know cause i just got my 430 true fri evening to go in my new rig setup 2100,geforce 4, slk , and epox mobo.

I just fired one up last week. Didnt notice that kind of difference
between this one and my 2 enermax 350's however.

I do like the TruePowers fanonly leads. Slowed down a bunch
of screaming overkill fans I had without any rewiring.....

well i dont see how someone couldnt be impressed by this psu, what is there to hate? I have Never seen a power supply so rock solid in its voltages. This things voltages dont budge, no matter what the Vcore or Vdimm is, or how hard you stress it, it stays the same period. I have yet to find one fault with it.

um.... I can think of one. Don't they cost a ton? I just got a nice Fortron for $32 shipped. It's sa-weeet. (rated at 300w but goes way beyond that)

l0rd_tornado said:
well i dont see how someone couldnt be impressed by this psu, what is there to hate? I have Never seen a power supply so rock solid in its voltages. This things voltages dont budge, no matter what the Vcore or Vdimm is, or how hard you stress it, it stays the same period. I have yet to find one fault with it.

I got the same psu, but hm

my 5v+ rail always seems to be a bit low and i got all electrical at stock, and i have only changed proc about 400mhz......rock stable rails u say?

Its about 4.83 right now, and i dont consider that all to rockish....

here's the deal with the antec 430w true power psu.

1. it kicks ***
2. the voltages RUN LOW, BUT... it's only because it's a self regulating psu, meaning it gives out only the amount needed for whatever part of your sestem that is asking for it, so in other words it doesn't give to much or to little power.
3. mine is dying on me as i type so i don't knaow about the life span of these things. i got mine last summer and i blew the dust out of it with and air can and it started messing up..
???????????

just do yourself a favor if you get one... DON'T OPEN IT UP! because if you don't like the voltages your mbm or windbond hardware monitor is giving you, there's nothing you can really do to adjust the voltages your getting. you'll only void the warranty on it like i did.
:(

I have a True 430 and a True 480 in my dually... and both have worked flawlessly so far. I'd recommend them for sure.

I just bought one myselve to replace an Enermax 365W that I accidently shorted out. I like the fan lead feature, it's done wonders to quiet down what used to be a noisy PC.

SLO said:

Okay....Please Elaborate on that as I am thinking of getting one.

i'm getting some random reboots sometimes e.g. while i'm surfing and i think it's the psu causing it, maybe i have a defective psu :(

Back