• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED KK266 BIOS question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
V

Van

Will be putting together a 1.2 ghz kk266 system pretty soon, and I know that there are a couple bios' out there for the board. I remember hearing about a "performance" bios put out by Iwill, though I can't find it on their site, and the TurcOC bios. Anyone have any recomendations or ideas?

Thanks

Not sure, but I think the 3/07 bios are the performance bios, I've tried a few others, but for my system these give me the most options and best performance. Haven't tried the latest ones though cause my system's doin great with the 3/07, this is the bios I'd recommend, IMHO....

There is a brand new BIOS out this month 5.something, that I have read a lot of bad stuff about. I recommend staying away from it.

Hugo 59 (May 22, 2001 11:02 p.m.):
If your going to be using an sblive card use the 0426 bios if not i would go with the 0307 bios both these have the turbo memory options and are by far the most stable (at least from my experience).

You can get them at http://www.fullon3d.com/kk266faq/kk266faq.shtml
You will find a lot of good info on this board there.
Good Luck!!!
Hugo 59 is 100% correct the Turbo bios you are looking for is the 0307 but the 0426 fixes the SB issue and has all the Turbo options from the 0307. don't get the newest Bios!!! 0515 is evil!

bruce (May 22, 2001 07:44 p.m.):
Not sure, but I think the 3/07 bios are the performance bios, I've tried a few others, but for my system these give me the most options and best performance. Haven't tried the latest ones though cause my system's doin great with the 3/07, this is the bios I'd recommend, IMHO....

03/07 also is at least as stable, and a little faster than the turkoc bios that circulated in February.

Yo

Does the 0426 actually fix the SBLive problem. This is one of the mobo's I am considering, but I have a SB Live sound card and I want to use it. Any SB Live/Iwill KK266 users out there who have used the new bios?

Thanks

"Thank you for your support" - Bartles and James

Read from fullon3d.com that the bios 0426 mod by Luckydaze would be the best one.

I am using it, it has the most functions available in the bios setup and stable !!

Rallycry (May 24, 2001 09:39 a.m.):
Does the 0426 actually fix the SBLive problem. This is one of the mobo's I am considering, but I have a SB Live sound card and I want to use it. Any SB Live/Iwill KK266 users out there who have used the new bios?

Thanks

"Thank you for your support" - Bartles and James

The 0426 Bios has fixed my problems with large file transfers and lockups during gaming. I also have the Via 686b patch installed. All of my games work except sof gold and that locks up whether I'm using the onboard sound or the sblive.

BTW I'm also using the Luckydaze 0426 Bios.

Thanks for the info. I am trying to decide on a new KT133a board and I have it narrowed down between the Iwill KK266-R and the Asus A7V133. I like the ISA/extra PCI slot on the Iwill but wish they had a AGP Pro slot instead of 4X. And I like the AGP pro slot on the Asus but do not like the lack of ISA slot and the useless AMR slot. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

do you guys have a link for the luckydaze bios and don't say the one at fullon3d in the faq because I can never get it from there!!! :)

I would recommend the 0305 or 0307. I use the 0305 and have had no stability problems at all. But thats probably because I opted to use the on-board sound. Its not really that bad, it supports A3D 1.0 and EAX.

el (May 25, 2001 08:35 a.m.):
do you guys have a link for the luckydaze bios and don't say the one at fullon3d in the faq because I can never get it from there!!! :)

I have the LD 0307 and LD 0426 Bios. If you want one of those, email me which one you want and I'll send it your way.

Back