• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mainboard Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ffats

Hi again..

I was using Sandra 2003, and it says that my Mainboard temp is 73C/159F (it also has a little yellow alert sign next to that reading). Is this too high?

My current fan setup:

1 80mm Blow in front
2 80mm Exhaust in back
1 80mm Exhaust in Window

Thanks Guys.

73C is dangerously high, on a P4 the thermal protection should trip and shutdown the CPU at about 70C. It sounds like the sensors are way off, try posting in the motherboard forums under the category your MB falls under (e.g. if you have an Abit Intel MB, post in Intel Motherboard > Abit Intel Motherboards forum). If those temps are accurate, then you should check that your heatsink has been installed correctly, thermal paste application, and fan is working, etc. Since it's your Mainboard temp and not your CPU temp though... IMO it's highly unlikely that the temp sensor is correct. Someone else had a similar problem, which was fixed with an updated BIOS.

Okay, Thanks Guys. From what I've been reading on numerous posts, my Soyo could have some way off sensors (eep!). I'll be checkin with them soon.

Thank You for the help!

What flavor of Soyo mobo???

If you're on KT400 or some such, rely on BIOS Health for current temps. Soyo KT400 is reported by Soyo to be off by +/- 10C for CPU die and should be within 10C of CPU external temp. It's NOT on most machines. If using MBM 5.2.x, sensors to match BIOS Health reporting are sensor 1 = CHA on BIOS, Sensor 2=CPU External in BIOS and LM-90 = CPU die temp (which is the critter at issue). With retail hs/f my die temps reported 63C~65C but the machine was stable with NO BSOD, re-boots or stability issues; box was always stable. Changed to SK6+, YS-Tech 40.1cfm 60mm fan and Shin Etsu PCS-11 TIM last Friday and after several hours of running now Case 28C from case sensor located center, 2" from top of mid-tower, 33C mobo (CHA), 34C CPU external and 50C CPU die. (Using Soyo conversion for die, would mean 50C should be 40C~44C for die) makes me happy! Only very new mobo's report cpu die and most, when talking of their temps, are really reporting what would equate to cpu external on Soyo KT's. Hope that helps.... Don't know if that's gospel, but what I've been able to gleen after several months of searching for Holy Grail of temps.....

Regards,

Tuxonadragon

Back