• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpliT71

Alright here's my problem...i cannot get win2k to install! i did the boot disk...on a brand new hard drive...it formatted etc..then gets to set up and i get a blue screen that says something with ntfs.sys on the screen and then it just restarts...i don't know what the problem could be!!! could you please help me this is really frustrating! thanks

windows

Are you installing it while overclocked? I get those type of blue screens when OC'd too high.

You booting from the CD or from some boot disks you created.
Also are you booting to that HP cause if its from the 9700 series, what I think it is, its one touchy mother. I would try and pull the slave(samsung?) and then boot to the HP, or even reverse the master slave order of the optical drives u have and boot from the non HP drive. Or even remove the HP drive. Just a stab but I have seen install problems related to HP opticals and slaved drives. You can add them back after the install.

the hp one wasn't even plugged in :| i think it's just windows 2000 and my hard drive :\

well that would explain your problem, the boot disks set you up for CD access.

Master up the drive, slave one of the opticals, set your BIOS to boot from CD: 1st boot option should be your detected CDdrive.
Then boot to the 2KCD. Follow the prompts, format and install.

When you install w2k you don't need any bootable disk. Just put w2k disk into your master cd-rom, set your bios to select your cd-rom as the first boot device, turn on your machine then just follow the instructions on the screen.

SpliT71 said:
yes its a legal copy of it..

Call MS support, they will offer free install support on a Legit RETAIL copy of any of thire OS's. If it is an OEM copy, you have to call the system builder that supplied the system/OEM copy for support.

Here is what I would do, take everything out of the system except 1 HD, 1CD, and the Vid card. Set both cd/HD to master on seperate IDE chanels, set the BIOS to "Safe" defaults and boot the the cd. Asuming you do not have any Hardware problems, that should get you where you want to be...

Back