• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about AbitKT7a and Ram.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Michael_Myers

I was just reading about my current MOBO, (too old to mention) and I read that it ONLY supported 66mhz SDRAM. I immediately said "oops". Why?

Because I was planning on slipping my two 64MB sticks into the new AbitKT7A board. Now I realize 66mhz ram SUCKS, but will the Abit board use it?
Or will it spit it out like the sucky stuff that it is? I know I read that the board supports pc100 and pc133 ram, and I am just hoping beyond hope that someone will say, "oh never mind that, your 66mhz ram will work just fine"

I know I am dreaming right? Go ahead and tell me to buy new ram. :(

You may be able to get by with it but it won't provide the performance your board is capable of. Good Crucial CAS 2 PC133 is cheap. Start saving your shekels.

even though i have never underclocked my chip but i guess u could get away with your chip running at 66fsb.
but i don`t really think that u`ll be very happy with your brand spanking new +1gig chip running at around 660MHz?????
and if u did then u don`t really belong to this forum .
since this is a overclockers sight not a underclockers...

GOD....

With that board you might be able to get away with running that ram at 100mhz FSB doubt it but you can still up the FSB with that boards-and at least underclock it a little less than 660mhz. A 128mb stick in only like $40 bucks-hell you can get 256 of pc133 for $75 on pricewatch.com

Back