• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard NIC driver installation help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Serraph

I'm using a Asus A7n8x deluxe motherboard that has the nvidia and 3com onboard nics...problem is the 3com one isn't working since I don't have the original cd that has the drivers for it with me and won't be able to get it for over a month. I went to the Asus site and downloaded these drivers for it.

http://www.asus.com.cn/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X Deluxe

However I don't have any idea what I need to do with them to get the drivers installed. Can someone please look over them and tell me how I can get the drivers installed? Thanks.

Right click on My Computer and click on Manage.

Click on Device Manager.

There should be a yellow question mark on a Other Device/Network Adapter.

Right Click and click on update driver. Just have it automatically search for the right driver. (This is assuming that you extracted the zip file that contained the 3com driver.) I wouldn't bother installing the rest of package that comes with the driver. Let me know if this doesn't help.

Do the same for any other yellow question marks in device manager. This means that windows sees a device but either doesn't have the correct driver or the device is not operating correctly.

Nevermind. It didn't automatically find them but I used that driver update thing to manually select one of the folders that I unzipped and it worked. Problem fixed. Thanks Exar. :)

Back