• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Kingston make its own RAM chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ian

03021022277-22705.jpg

I saw this over a local forum where this guy have bought a Kingston PC2700 256MB with RAM chips labelled as Kingston (as opposed to Infineon, Samsung or Winbond). Another guy there was saying that they didn't overclock as well and wouldn't recommend them (Kingston chips).

Anyone has a Kingston PC2700 stick with Kingston chips? How do they overclock?

I'm getting some PC2700 soon but haven't decide on whether to get Samsung or Kingston. Latest batch of Samsung chips in Hong Kong seem to be all DTM type (rather than the CTL which is good overclockers and the DTL we've been seeing lately).

03021020931-5292.jpg

For Kingston PC2700, which is the best RAM chip for overclocking? Infineon, Samsung or Winbond?

If you get Kingston I'd recommend picking up the a stick out of the HyperX series.. those are supposed to be some schweet sticks..

but if you choose between the two above.. can't go wrong with samsung.. my pc2700 does pc3200 speeds.. ;)

How do you know it has the Winbond chips? They are labelled as Kingston chips!

Back