• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey Canadians where did you order your hsf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flowrider

I want something big, beefy and cool for my 1800+. Slk900?

I would like to find something in the Vancouver, BC area but if I have to order online from a CANADAIAN outlet that would be great too. I have looked around but haven't found many dealers for specialty stuff like this.

The only authorized ThermalRight reseller in Canada is Bigfoot Computers in Toronto. But their prices are REALLY HIGH and are pretty much in the "rip off" category. I would recommend that you find an American store and buy it from them.

If you're willing to settle for other brands, such as Cooler Master, Swiftech, Thermaltake, Vantec, etc., then you should be able to find a store in Canada:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61148

Thanks Esit. Do you have a Thermalright? If so did you order from the States? I'm just worried about how bad the Canadian dollar is right now.

esit said:
The only authorized ThermalRight reseller in Canada is Bigfoot Computers in Toronto. But their prices are REALLY HIGH and are pretty much in the "rip off" category. I would recommend that you find an American store and buy it from them.

If you're willing to settle for other brands, such as Cooler Master, Swiftech, Thermaltake, Vantec, etc., then you should be able to find a store in Canada:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61148

bigfoot is selling the slk-800 for $69.98 and canadacomputers is selling for $69. looks like the same price. i left stopped going to certain stores in markham cause they were too expensive. certain products are more expensive at bigfoot. their volcano 9 is wildly priced at $39.98 while cc is at $29. makes no sense.

flowrider said:
Thanks Esit. Do you have a Thermalright? If so did you order from the States? I'm just worried about how bad the Canadian dollar is right now.

Actually, I don't have a Thermalright, but I do most of my purchases in the U.S. Even after shipping, it still costs less to buy from the U.S. The only bad thing is it'll take a few more days for it to arrive and customs can be a pain sometimes.

BTW, whether the Canadian dollar is weak or not doesn't really apply, because most retail stores in Canada buy from U.S. suppliers anyways (and the weak Canadian dollar is already factored into their prices and passed on to the buyer -- and they usually mark up the exchange rate too).

rustymaitland said:

bigfoot is selling the slk-800 for $69.98 and canadacomputers is selling for $69. looks like the same price. i left stopped going to certain stores in markham cause they were too expensive. certain products are more expensive at bigfoot. their volcano 9 is wildly priced at $39.98 while cc is at $29. makes no sense.

Well, I guess compared to other Canadian stores, some prices at Bigfoot Computers aren't as bad. New Type Computer Workshop in Vancouver, BC sells the SLK-800 for $85! :rolleyes:

rustymaitland said:

When I build a new computer, after doing online pricing using the listings from the computer papers, I can end up going to about 5 different stores in the GTA/Markham areas to pick up different Items at the lowest prices. Takes time, but I can save quite a bit of $$$. Well worth it:)

Al

Maximouse said:

When I build a new computer, after doing online pricing using the listings from the computer papers, I can end up going to about 5 different stores in the GTA/Markham areas to pick up different Items at the lowest prices. Takes time, but I can save quite a bit of $$$. Well worth it:)

Al

yep, you got that right. i used to frequent logic but stopped, then infonec, places like that. now....wherever it is the cheapest!

Back