• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny story...recommendations...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Insyder

Ok this made me laugh hysterically, after the fact of course.

This guy down the hall decided he wanted to test his new 80mm delta on my computer so we hooked it up and turned the comp back on. After some clicking emitting from my dual 120 HDs the computer proceeded to load unbelievably slow. After taking over two minutes (usually only takes 20 seconds) to start, i set it to restart. It fail to shut off completely with the hd light on solid. So i hard offed it then turned back on with same problem. I thne removed the fan, and back to its normal fast self. Wierd huh?

I currently have an Enermax 330W and was wondering if just going up to 350 would be alright or should i go for the 430w one?

http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm

Thanks.

How does that delta plug in...fan header on the motherboard, or with a drive plug (molex)? If you rigged up a connector, are you sure it doesn't have a short?
A 330watter should have enough to drive it all (unless you have a bunch of other stuff on it). I had a raid, fans, pump relay, neons and a 2 amp camera psu plugged into my 300 watter and it all did fine....

If all that stuff is fine, then I always recommend a Sparkle or Fortron 350 watter. It'll handle anything you got.

its a molex connector. I just went and checked my 12v, and it is running at just above 10v. Could this be a cause?

Almost certain that is your problem. If you have the opportunity try it with another PSU. That fan was the straw that broke the camels back. 10v is realllly low its awonder your rig ran at all. Did you test with a multimeter or from a program?

Oh yea I'm with diggrr. Sparkle/fortron kick a$$

Back