• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stability issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sterculus

on my second machine(P4 2.0) it freezes whenever i start folding at home. it only started doing this sometime last night and ive been running it for a few days. does anyone have any ideas as to why it is doing this?
im running the console version with no em3 or anything, because it crashed when i had em3 running.
thanks

nm i got it fixed...apparently the core was bad or soemthing, cause it gave me an error message then dled a new core, and now appears to be working fine
Edit:
or...not
it still locks up after awhile folding
grrr this is starting to really annoy me

Last edited:
what's your temps at? check your case fans, make sure all of them are running. It could be a heat issue. If it's still locking up, try and underclock it a bit and see what happens, then try deleting everything associated with F@H and start over. Or you could do that first. I'm just trying to give you some ideas of what might be happening. Good luck.

I'm kinda thinking it is heat. Does the computer crash if you run a very intense game on it? See what happens if you run your computer with the sides off. Also try running Prime95 and see if it crashes or returns errors.

Axle

well, i took off the side panel and according to a software temp monitor(speed fan 4.0.7) it says my temp is 43c, dunno how accurate it is. It seems to be running now though. [crosses fingers]

Sterculus, your temps are fine (if that 43c is for the CPU temp and not the case temp). Make sure you are using version 3.24 of the client.. If that doesn't fix it switch to the plain text client. If THAT doesn't fix it let me know.

Sterculus, your temps are fine (if that 43c is for the CPU temp and not the case temp)
thats the cpu temp (if that was teh case temp something would be horribly wrong..) but that is after i removed teh side panel, it was more like 52c before i did that
edit:
and its been crunching for >1hr now without any problems, so i think the heat was the problem. i need some more case fans for that one

w00t!! We discovered the problem!!!! Now you pwn that folding stuff. 9-) Well, I'm glad things are going better for you. I had seen that happen before, so I figured it was the temps. I had 2 fans go out on one of my machines and it was doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Then I realized that it was quieter in the room. (no wonder I was having problems sleeping.) Well, I'm glad I could help.

Back