• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RGA+ Has VDD Adjust In Bios!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just what I needed to hear! 200+ fsb no vdd mod sweet!
I'll bet that onboard mx440 would rocket @217fsb!

I am doubtful that 8RDA+ rev 1.0 and rev 1.1 can have a VDD adjustable bios... ET and holst @ aoa said it is impossible.... probably need to wait until rev 1.2 come out.....

So lets say we get the 8RGA+, after the onboard G4 is disabled, isn't it just like a 8RDA+, and OC the same?

hmmm is VDD mod that hard to do?

well... definately adjusting via bios is much easier... but... let me check out 8RGA+ more...

If the 8RGA+ has an option for 2v vdd, is it safe to assume that this voltage is safe to run on an 8RDA+....Im using a 560ohm resistor to get 1.87v and my max fsb is only at 210....... rev1.1 A3 at stock I can only get up to 185fsb....

Do not assume it is safe to run on 8RDA+ with VDD 2.0v. The board uses different capacitors and different voltage regulator chips. 8RGA+ is not 8RDA+ with GF4 MX onboard. They are total different motherboard! It has additional components that 8RDA+ does not have.

EluSiOn said:
http://forum.1bits.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177350

after reading this thread (in chinese, home of epox, tw oc forum)

the conclusion I am gettig is that, 8RDA+ is better in OC compare to 8RGA+ even it can adjust VDD to 2.0v in bios.

Coolarer who achieved 250mhz FSB SYNC on 8RDA+ cannot even get his 8RGA+ over 210mhz FSB.

Well, a well thought out rda@250 w/good ram vs new/buggy/not so good ram with rga@210 for sure rda wins hands down, or maybe test was done with same everything but mobo? But look how long it took somebody to get 250 w/rda. And how many days ago did they get their rga mobo with the very first bios revision? I can't find one anywhere! Everytime I want info on the lastest stuff it is in a foreign site! blahhh

anybody got info on where to buy one?

he uses the same cpu... same video card... same psu... same ram... same type of cooling... he used all his trick that he learnt from 8rda and apply onto 8rga and it didn't work.

also in that thread... another two also responded with similiar result... well... its seems that germany, singapore/malaysia and taiwan always get the good stuff first before any of us in US... so of course the latest info always come out in some forum site.

heheh
we taiwanese are hardcore overclockers

i still want to go back to taiwan for a computer shopping spree next summer...

sigh.. i miss the food there...
its been more than 2 years since ive gone back

heck after all this work to my 8rda im not gonna go after a 8rga+ to work its problems out also.

epox needs to get on the ball and make a revised 8rda+ that has all the mods predone.that would be worth buying!

EvilTechie said:
heheh
we taiwanese are hardcore overclockers

i still want to go back to taiwan for a computer shopping spree next summer...

sigh.. i miss the food there...
its been more than 2 years since ive gone back

havent been there since 1999

8rga+ really is a different mobo compare to 8rda/+... well... it would be good if there is 8rda+ rev 2.0

i think there wil be a new rev of 8RDA/+ with adjustable VDD i can remember a rumour about it i read somewhere, epox said that they would have to re wire the PCB to implement it though so a re flash wont be able to do it.

That rumor your speaking of came from VR-Zone and its not shaped up to be true, whats the point of having a bios setting to 250 when it can't reach 250. Give us the juice please!

I just got my 8rda yesterday. I can't remember the revision right now but it has a place in the bios to adjust the vdd(well, in the manual it shows it, haven't actually tried it yet). It may be like the a7n8x board and just be there but not actually work though :rolleyes:

Well can you check the rev. and then lets us know ASAP if the VDD actaully works. That would be sweet if it does.

I can check but I won't be able to until I get home this evening around 6pm, but I'll post as soon as I find out.

Back