• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 43 Idle, 51 full load ok for my Duron??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that depends on the ambient temperature of your room. My rooms ambient is about 20c and I get CPU temps from 39-40c with a case temp of 22c. But if your room temps are 28c, then yes, your temps are probably fine. Another thing, what kind of heatsink/fan do you have on there?

I have the exact same temps on my Duron..... I've been running it like this for about 5 month, almost flawless, so I think it's ok, but I'm looking for some new cooling. I'm gonna get the WBK 38 or Taisol of some kind, I just need the last couple of $$$
BTW how fast are u running, and what cooler do u use?

i have air cooling ...nothing too high branded, but it runs at 7000 rpm..so that's ok. There are 2 of them (not that it makes a difference probably) on a large heatsink.....seems to be adequate.

right now my case is 39 according to Motherboard Monitor...room temp...i havent got a clue

walter my 750@800 1.68v with a wbk38-1 never go above 33C room temp around 26C! that 850 is running hot!

el (May 25, 2001 02:14 p.m.):
walter my 750@800 1.68v with a wbk38-1 never go above 33C room temp around 26C! that 850 is running hot!

Well, maybe he's running at a higher voltage, that could explain it. Also, do u have case cooling? Maybe Kev doesn't, which also could be the problem.

Kev, we need more information on ur setup.

KaHNZa (May 25, 2001 02:46 p.m.):
you definently need some case cooling. 39c is much too high

That is probably also the explanation, why Kev got so high CPU temps. ;-)

i see..so the only that the CPU is being 'cooled' with is warm air......well that explains it....ive just oredered a CASE fan ...nothing too flash, cos i cant afford high-grade stuff, but it should be better than nothing.

Ive got two HSF's (the make is Akasa) and ive spread more arctic silver on...its down to 42 full load now....getting better !!!! :¬)

you should see the smile on my face!!!...still..its not as stable....the voltage is only 1.6 now...not 1.8 how id like it...oh well.

Kev (May 25, 2001 04:24 p.m.):
you should see the smile on my face!!!...still..its not as stable....the voltage is only 1.6 now...not 1.8 how id like it...oh well.

Well try to up the Vcore a little, now that u have got ur temps down.

i'm curious...
what do you mean you have "two hsk/fans"???
please explain this config

nope...if i up the vcore to 1.8 or 1.85 ....it gets to about 48 full load.....and thats without being overclocked.....dont ask me about overclocking my Duron....the amount of threads i have on it is unbelievable....its my friggin mobo...im gonna try to solder and rewire.....probable end up wiping the lights of city out....hehe...oh well........

my Duron is overclocked from 850 to 934 by changing the FSB. The core voltage is now 1.8 to help stability ....it's 51 degrees C at full load...is THIS ok?...i know its still hot, but is it OK cos its overclocked and has an upped voltage???....

Back