• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

Some take it a little more in depth than say, this OC clan... My clan is a star trek games clan, and to mirror the series etc, it is an organised clan, with ranks everything...

Well, at the moment it is being ripped apart by stupid power hungry fools who don't know the meaning of control.

I am a lowly Lieutenant Junior Grade (but long serving member) and I feel powerless. Just thought I would post a link to a copy of a thread I just posted:

http://www.danfraser.co.uk/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=2

Thats a very good and relevant post Dan. There are two kinds of Clans for games; Serious and well organized or loose and disorganized. When I talk about a "real clan" or a serious clan I don't mean one full of harsh words and no fun. I just mean I want there to be organization and real work to field the best team possible for any given match. It does not have to be huge or uncaring of its members. :)

Cyklopz

My clan has never had a problem like that. I think you guys are TOO structured. While our clan has only two "ranks", officers, and grunts, there are only three officers and everything is a vote, majority wins.

We are small and tightnit. We dont just take anyone in, we take our time and get to know people first. We have a "no under 18 rule" which keeps immaturity to an adult level (lol). We have a "90 day warranty" for new members. You have no say in what the clan does, you can't vote, you just follow orders (kill). Once your 90 day warranty is up we vote and keep you or trade you in for one that works.

We also have bi-weekly meetings. And we get together with close members. If you cheat, cause problems, act immature, or tarnish our honor, you get removed from our clan.

And we're going on our eighth year strong.

Sounds great Kingslayer. I hope we can achieve something similar for our UT2003 Clan. :)

I think you hit on something important, overall clan size. If you grow to big or to fast it almost always causes problems. BTW, how do you really enforce the 18 and over rule?

Cy

My Clan is well run there are never any debates and it does well having won every game except 1

the game is Stronghold Crusader, hehehe and the entire Clan is me,

I have been playing games for a long time, and I have never felt the udge to jion clans, I have competed and been excepted into many clans but never wanted to join,

I don't see the point so much, If you are not happy with the way things are going leave,

Form a close group of freinds you wish to play with and work with on a regular basis that is was instant messaging is for, Games are supose to be fun, I rarly run into Clan memebers that are in it for the game and not for the record, and because I am not in a clan it is assumed I must be a cheater to be good and on my own.

Well, for me the reason to want to form/join a clan in UT2003 is to be able to practice unified tactics to use against other groups and see if we can beat them! I play these types of games by myself online all the time and while that is fun there is supposed to be team play in many of them and you don't get decent organized play with a bunch of people who are together for only a map here and a map there.

Its just another level of play that I would like participate in while still participating in the single player level. :)

Cyklopz

Cy said:
Well, for me the reason to want to form/join a clan in UT2003 is to be able to practice unified tactics to use against other groups and see if we can beat them! I play these types of games by myself online all the time and while that is fun there is supposed to be team play in many of them and you don't get decent organized play with a bunch of people who are together for only a map here and a map there.

Its just another level of play that I would like participate in while still participating in the single player level. :)

Cyklopz

i couldn't agree more Cy. team work adds a completely different level to the game that you can get by just joining a random server. IMO, it makes the game more challenging because you know have two teams that know what they want to do and have tactics on how to do that. whereas online, yeah you are on a team, but there really isn;t teamwork, except the occasional cover fire when you have the flag.

The sordid details revealed...

I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret.
OCS has had problems with leadership in the past.

Our clans "leader" wasn't around for a month (approx.) and when he came back he started barking orders and down talking everyone in the clan.

None of us appreciated this senseless verbal abuse, and everyone lost respect for him.

The result?
coup de'ta

We told our "leader" that we were sick of the way he acted towards everyone in the clan, and told him he could either step down from leadership, or leave. Oh, he left alright. But not before completely deleting our old forums (super old ezboard forum). And telling us that he was dis-banding the clan. We didn't disband. We changed our clans tag (was [OCS] is now |OCS| ) and have been going strong ever since.

Members have come and gone, some not as pleasantly as I'd hope for, but such is life.

Dan, what I'm trying to say is, if a clan is worth being in, it's worth fighting for. I respect that you want to follow Star Fleet Command polocies and all, but are you really going to let the actions of a few other people ruin a clan that you are (presumabley) dedicated to?

OCS hasn't
OCS won't
and we're still fraggin away.

Cy said:
Sounds great Kingslayer. I hope we can achieve something similar for our UT2003 Clan. :)

I think you hit on something important, overall clan size. If you grow to big or to fast it almost always causes problems. BTW, how do you really enforce the 18 and over rule?

Cy

We ask. Most people don't know our rule and are more than willing to tell us. That and a requirement in our clan is to have a microphone so we can hear your voice. This serves three purposes, good communication, us hearing the same voice from the same name ensure it's who it should be, and you can tell generally how old someone is from their voice.

If you say your 30 and you sound 12 chances are youre not going to make it...

Back