• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I haven't been able to POST on this new board yet.

At first it would hang with the code 75, then 25, sometimes I'd get the code 7F.

75 is checking IDE devices and after a minute or so it would get past that.
25 is reserved, whatever that means. If it hits this one it hangs.
7F has to do with displaying a full screen logo, and pressing F1 would make it continue.

I played around with it a bit and it goes all the way to FF now. But....
There is nothing on my screen and no happy beep.

I'm heading to newegg in a second to RMA this thing.

Last edited:
What RAM you are using?

also... have you tried the holding down the INSERT KEY while tapping the DEL key on boot? It will force the system to read from the safe table in bios

Problems

I can't get to the bios, so I don't know what version its using or how I could go about flashing it with the latest one.

I'm using a 512mb Corsair XMS PC3200 cas 2.5. I've tried it in all 3 dimms.

Tried the insert/delete keys trick with no luck.

The HDD's are blank.

As I said, after about a minute it gets to FF, hanging on 75 for a bit, but nothing on the screen and no beep.

Last edited:
What's your power supply? Mine wouldn't post at all on my 300W. I bought a 400W, but found the PSU was broken. So after an RMA and getting the replacement, everything worked fine.

parts

All of these were working before I switched motherboards:

Enermax 431w
Sapphire 9700 pro
Corsair XMS 3200
Lite-on CDRW 40x
Sony 12x48x DVDrom
2x 40GB Maxtor D740x
Santa Cruz
Realtek NIC

I removed the IDE devices and PCI cards and still have the same behavior.

It really like you got a bad bios chip.... (many other 8rda/+ owner had that problem as well) the bios was not able to detect ide device and also floppy drive.

Try to clear your CMOS... power it while holding the INSERT Key and keep tapping insert key.... does it display anything on the screen? if not.. try to check your video card if it was fully insert. (sorry for all those suggestions and I know you probably have done time many times)

Problem found!!!!

Well, I took it apart and put my KX7 back in. I decided since the board was actually getting to FF, that maybe I should take a closer look at the 9700pro, scary as the potential outcome of such investigation might be...

I stuck it in box2 and it did not post. :eek: I was like freaking out, cuz I got the crd for $250, modded it above and beyond your average forums-goer, and it was well pimp, ya know... Besides I don't have the cash to replace it just now. Well I started examining it. And after a few minutes of utter dismay, I noticed that if I held it to the light just right I could see some kinda foreign debris on the contacts. I cleaned it with alcohol but the stuff was still on there. So I too a tiny screw driver and scraped it off. Seems to have been a tiny bit of Artic Alumina baked to crispiness. Well that stuff is not conductive, so it must have been interuppting the signal. I popped it back in both machines and it works great\111

So now I've gotta call newegg and tell them to delay my RMA request and my rush order overnight express replacement 8rda. I'm going to make sure the 8rda works, of course but I'm 99.99% sure it was the AA that got on my card.

<big sigh of relief>

wow... that was close losing $$$$ hardwares... I am glad you are able to find out the problem....

< big relieft as well , 8rda is not video card killer board>

yeah, error 7f deals with the card, once I though I fry the board, and the problem was that the r9700 wasn't fully inserted:D

we all make numerous noobie mistake.... I cannot even mount my waterblock correctly first time when I using 8rda+ and the system would shutdown in 10 sec

Back