• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I really, badly, thruly, deeply, madly need help !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi all !
Today is not my day after all Well I got my watercooling setup working again ( I had troubles with a pump ).

Right now I'm at

2.26 @ 2.81 (165 x17 )
512 RAM @ 165 FSB
Radeon 9700 @ 310/351

mo/bo Abit BD7II Raid
Win XP SP1 - DX 9.0

All the latest drivers, Chipset drivers installed, Application Accelerator too.

First thing I did was to check:
memtest 3.0 ( passed )
Prime 95 ( passed )

3DMark 2k1
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5902513

I thought that I will eat 3D Mark now ;( Anyway I noticed a few probles too.
My PC started to beep at times when running 3D Mark. I really can't say why. Temps are OK ( 54 on load, but I know that sucker is lieing ). Only other thing that is bad is
"Vio" ( I use Winbond Hardware Doctor and it displays it that way )
I think that it should be 3.3 V but it is jumping down to 3.18 and it is never stable. All other displayed Voltages are pretty stable and in boundaries of min - max. But this one is always at the edge of minimum ;(

So these are my problems...
3D Mark worth **** and Beeping thing ( I never noticed it in other applications or something and last time I run 3D mark it didn't show up )

What is wrong ? Why do I get sucky scores in 3D Mark and is this 3.3 Volt thingy important ?!?

Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks in advance!

P.S. This is a copypaste of my other post I made yesterday on Video Cards board. So long I've got only one reply :( I really think that this has to do something with my PSU. I had my rig o/c before even to 172 FSB without problems. But back then I had GF 4 Ti 4200. Now I have Radeon 9500 modded to 9700 and it may be sucking all of my power...
I have some 300 W PSU ( ATX something if it says anything )

This beeping will drive me mad ... Any ideas you guys ???

Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks in advance!

sounds like a PSU problem. check agian if your cpu is hot. um, just do the old school test, with your finger. i NEVER trust mobo temp sensors.

I tried and I measured temp on my waterblock ( top side / not the one touching the CPU ) and it is ~30 C( full load ). I don't think it is the temps. I can run CPUBurn for hour without a problem. It looks like a PSU but I'm not sure. And because they aren't the cheap I wouldn't like to buy one just to find out that it wasn't the PSU :(

Finally an update ! :D

After I tried one 470 W PSU and it didn't help....
What to say I went mad and thought of making my PC exactly the way it was when I o/c it last time!

Thanks God that I took out one RAM stick first :) Guess what. I'm at 3.03 GHz and in windows ! :cool:
Problem is that my mo/bo undervolts so I can't run anything heavy on CPU because it just crashes back to desktop. ( It ain't RAM I tried with all the loosest settings ).

What I find strange is that no matter what stick I use i can o/c without problem... If I use them together I'm stuck at ~160 FSB. How come ???
My biggest problem now is that I already have 2 sticks 256 MB RAM and I need one 512 now :( I don't know what to do with my sticks and my GF 4 that I still have...

im not familiar with taht motherboard, because i havnt used intel since my dell p2 350mhz...but i do know that having two sticks of ram in (when dual ddr isnt supported by your motherboard) drastically reduces the amount of fsb you give to the comp...so its not just you, when i had two sticks of pc2100..it limited me 10 or more fsb from having 1...it happens i guess..hope that helps

if im not mistaken it has somthing to do with 2 sticks drawing more power from the mobo than one stick. there was an article on the front page of oc about how much power the new ddr takes. that was why they originally could only support 1 stick of 333 ram in mobos and 2 sticks would kicj it down to 266. maby im just crazy though

Well I'll look closer into it!!! Now this will be a pain... I need 512 MB RAM in one stick...
Do you think that the power goes after the two sticks or after the size of memory ?

It's the two sticks drawing the power. But, it could be either that's giving you the problem. Not really a whole lot of info to go on. Are the two sticks the same brand and with the same chips on them?

the amount really doesnt matter all that much when you are using 1 dimm.., but if the cpu has to call on two dimm slots at the same time, you can imagine that takes a bit more power.

And I believe that the RAM runs off of the 3.3V line too....right? :D

Oh yeah, nice overclock on the RAM on that video card!!! I've heard some people say they get some problems trying to get it to do 350MHz. Mine's kinda weird. I tried overclocking it a few times before.....one day I ran through 3DMark fine at 350 on the memory, the next day I couldn't even get to 340 while at my desktop. Go figure! Haha.

And sorry about the threadjack :D

Back