• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram Should I use for IT7MAX2 V2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Help ^

P.S. This is not my pc.... building it for a friend
Ya Ya I know friends dont let friends drive Pentium's
but he insisted!

Last edited:
That board uses an Intel 845PE chipset and does not support Dual Channel operation. The only P4 chipsets that support Dual Channel Operation right now is the Intel Granite Bay and SiS655.

It'll accept any stick of DDR that you put in. You can run the PC3500 at PC2700 speeds...mostly all DDR is voltage and pin compatable with every DDR mobo, but whether or not PC3500 (219mhz) speed can be achieve won't be known until you OC the puppy. With the 3:4 ratio you'd need a FSB of 165mhz to get a memory speed of 219mhz. With the 4:5 ratio a FSB of 175mhz is needed. That's some pretty good headroom for the memory module. Whether or not the CPU and Mobo will like these speeds won't be known for sure until you OC...but doesn't seem too far fetched...the IT7Max2 is known to OC like a mofo.

Last edited:
Back