• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft is really a caring monopoly.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PR lies...all of it.

All they really want is your blood, your money, your first born, and a statistical database of everyone's computer hardware.
Sounds evil to me....

Diggrr said:
All they really want is your blood, your money, your first born, and a statistical database of everyone's computer hardware.
Sounds evil to me....

Where's the evil in that? M$, gator, and Bonzi are my friend!

mbigna said:
Nah--the guy faked his death. Saw him driving his Hummer to where his yacht is docked around Seattle just a while ago.

Nah dood, that was Elvis... and I think he had John Lennon in the passenger's seat (in a small urn).

hmmm, i think they are more saddened by the fact that $9mil was stolen than that the guy is dead.
lets invade microsoft campus :)

No doubt the conspiracy theorists will believe that Bill Gates somehow inserted a program "virus" into his body to shut down all systems.
:p

kagee108 said:
No doubt the conspiracy theorists will believe that Bill Gates somehow inserted a program "virus" into his body to shut down all systems.
:p

OH MY GOD!, He can do that now????
Couldn't resist.

I love you people. You complain because Microsoft are nothing but heartless *******s. Then when they try to show some heart you complain about that too.

It's called professionalism. When something bad happens you say something nice to help people get along with their lives. Even if you don't mean it. It wouldn't have looked good if Microsoft came out and said "He ripped us off...good riddence!"

Did anyone ever see antitrust? i think he was killed by microsoft...Gates told him to deal with the problem and be creative...so they killed him!

Kingslayer said:
I love you people. You complain because Microsoft are nothing but heartless *******s. Then when they try to show some heart you complain about that too.

It's called professionalism. When something bad happens you say something nice to help people get along with their lives. Even if you don't mean it. It wouldn't have looked good if Microsoft came out and said "He ripped us off...good riddence!"

100% Agree!

Johnny Knoxville said:
yeah imagine if there was no microsoft, we would all be using (or trying to use) linux right now :eek:

You got that right! or "Lindows". :p

I don't know how many of you were around when XT and AT were the PC of the day. The home PC business almost came to a sudden death untill MS developed Windows. The general public could not get the hang of DOS or any of the other OS's at the time. To some degree the fact that you have a PC at all right now is due in part to MS.

<Ducking for cover, as I know the flak is about to fly>

Microsoft has dontated more to charity than any other corporation in the past 25 years. It's also primarily their "fault" that PCs are in every home.

Everyone whines to much about the rich boy. He's a nice guy and has done plenty to earn his keep. He's never stolen an idea in his life, in fact he simply capitolized on ideas that large corporation were about to toss in the garbage.

Regardless of how much M$ cares about the community (or not) my real gripe isn't that M$ products are bad, they're not...its just that they could be so much better.

And BTW kagee108, I loved the old DOS...I started on dos 3.0, upgraded (and regreted it ) to dos 4, dos 5( can you remember the ease of use of the DOSSHELL..wow...icons!!!), dos 6 and win 3.0 (ugh) win 3.1 (ok) and win 3.11(pretty good)...and you could understand EVERYTHING that the system was doing..you couild tweak the mem, reset the autoexec.bat, the config.sys..you had the whole system under your control....:cry: ::sigh:: those were the days.

Mind you you couldn't multi task, multimedia meant watching TV and listening to your internal speaker go DING, computer games had reached the sophistication of digger, 120 Mb hard disks were just being released (at £300 a pop), SVGA was still the best you could get on your 14" monitor, Word Perfect 5.1 was still leading the market with Lotus 123, and you had to pay extra to get the upgrade to WYSIWYG...:beer: :beer: :beer:

Maybe things weren't so great after all. Any other old timers want to comment?

Teacher_Doug said:
And BTW kagee108, I loved the old DOS...
LOL, I wondered how many "old timers" there were in here!

I know DOS had it's following. I too used the DOS SHELL.
My point was, the "masses" were not really able to grasp the idea of PC untill Windows came around. That made it easier for the average person to begin to use PC's. Prior to that many companies went broke attempting to sell DOS based machines.

Cheers to you!

:beer:

Hmm, wonder if he went to heaven or hell for that one???

I do however think thats the official statement from MS was one of kindness showing the value of life is far greater than software. Memories for loved ones should be respected even if they miss the yacht!!

Back