• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning About the A7A266!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valin

Registered
Just a little warning about the a7a266 mobo. When attaching the HSF be very carefull! On the left side of the Socket the center notch that the HSF grabs on to there is a very small resistor place right next to it and if the clamp of the HSF catches that and disloges it your mobo will not post anymore. I found this out the hard way. after fighting with the board for 2 days testing every piece of my puter I finaly saw the resistor twisted out of place. So be very carefull!!!!!!

I know I don't know WHY they placed those Resistores SO close to CPU !!!!! Previously I had Super ORB Cpu FAN and could not intall it because the Resistors are so close to CPU. now I got FOP 32-1 and it works great....... Other than that this motherboard kicks ***.................

Back