• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V266-E chipset fan screw?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pfieffdog

Registered
Not sure how I managed this one, but I woke up this morning to a loud noise coming from my puter. Somehow, one of the screws on my chipset fan(ASUS A7V266-E) fell out and I can't seem to find the little bugger. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of where I might be able to buy a tiny screw like that, and I mean tiny, size of an eyeglass screw. This thing is now louder than hell. Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Pfieff

Also, where can I find some lube for that fan too?

I guess I would be up for suggestions on upgrades for my chipset as well, if there is something that will make it quieter, like just a heatsink or something? Any recommendations are getting appreciated.

-Pfieff

well I don't know about buy a screw like that but if you can remove your fan completely then you should be able to replace it with something like a crystal orb.

I have the same board and cpu combo as you.

what are your readings at idle for your CPU temperature?
(please specify your bios as well)

how do you like your TT fan. Is it really loud on the SLK800 at full speed?

thanks in advance.

I'm using bios version 1010 and I'm getting about 43-44C idle, with the fan at 3300rpm, but the room temp is extremely warm. When I jack open my window when its cold out, she idles at about 37-38C. The fan gets pretty loud, but you can deal with it.

-Pfieff

Back