• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung pc2700 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IHateStupidPPL

System is a Leadtek nforce2 MB, 2x256mb Samsung PC2700, XP2100 TbredB. Ram in dimm1 and dimm2. Right now FSB is at 150 with memory running in sync. Computer has gone through 24 hours of Memtest with no issues, timing at cas2.5, 3, 3, 7 (slow...I know). 3dmark2001 looped for 4 hours with no problems, havent tried prime95 yet. Anyways, the problem comes when using the sandra memory bandwidth test. I can get through the test once, sometimes as many as three times, with scores of about 2090/1960, but the benchmark will eventually hang and completely lock the PC. The ram has 2.7 volts right now, and different fsb speeds have made no difference. When running the memory at 333mhz and out of sync with the cpu I cant even get through one memory bandwidth test. With the FSB at 166mhz and the memory running in sync I can usually get through two rounds of the memory bandwidth test before it crashes. The ram has gone through memtest at cas2,2,2,5 with no problems for one hour(havent tried longer yet).

Anyways, if anyone happens to know of something else to try and get this thing through the memory bandwidth test repeatedly I would greatly appreciate it. It hasnt been having any other issues what so ever, but it bugs me that it cant get through the memory bandwidth even at 133fsb.

Thanks!

Last edited:
for my rig i set my 2x512 samsung pc2700 2.5, 3,3,7 @196 fsb in sync with cpu and set vdimm to 2.63v. For some reason the ram becomes unstable when they are set to 2.77v as Prime95 gets errors. Have u tried raising the CPU Vcore? Try this test set the cpu and ram to 166/166 fsb with default multiplier and cpu vcore to 1.75v-1.85v, ram vdimm to 2.6v. then run prime95 to check stabilty. For me Prime95 is the toughest test to pass as i have ran sandra tests, folding, 3dmark no problems at higher overclocked but my system will fail Prime95. Also check if your cpu is getting enough cooling when stressed. I noticed cpu temps is a big factor to pass Prime95. good luck and happy OCing

I think the problem is with the motherboard. With only a single stick of ram in dimm1, I run into NO problems, with either stick at stock voltage. Im going to flash the bios tonight and if that doesnt fix the problem.....switching to a single 512mb stick. :)

Back