• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I maxed out powerstrip, need a new OCing utility!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker550

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5930200

I set an OCing record for a geforcemx200, ram from 166 to 444MHz, would OC it more but I maxed out the slider!!!!!!!!!
as for bottlenecks, wait till I try my Geforce4 ti4600 on my 233MHz p2, funny thing is ill probably get 2k marks anyway on such a slow cpu hehe! so anyone know of a utility that can OC a geforce2mx above 444MHz ram?

444mhz is 222mhz in sdram with is what your card has.

these o/c utilities are made for ddr cards not sdram.

your amazing overclock is still not bad.. but definately not what you are thinking.

Then I have the first DDR Geforce2mx200. at 460MHz with 64 bit ddr, its 1/2 the speed of a Geforce2 ultra! 70% as fast as a GTS and my mx200 is beating nearly all mx400s!

no offense oc550, but why are you posting this stuff? maybe 2 years ago this would have been something, but remember most people on the forums here use cards that are far faster than the mxs. so you breaking a record wih an mx, while being a nice accomplishment, is really pointless, because you are getting no where near the performance of the new cards. and it wouldnt be so bad, if i havent seen this same post in like 2 other threads already. just out of curiosity, why is it that you think everything that you do is a record. lol. like when you posted that your new rig would be top 10 material, that was actualy pretty funny. i guess what i am trying to say is, just do a little research before you post this stuff.

all mx cards in the gf2 range use Sdram not DDR.

not sure why it takes so long for you to understand things.

and for the record my gf2mx400 would do 260mhz on the memory (which is 520 on the overclocking program) you've still got a ways to go before you start breaking records.

Darksied and overclocker are right ............there are mx's with ddr but with only half the bus of the sdram mx's..............Great O/C i wish when i had mine i could of got it that high

well an mx200 is supposed to have 64 bit sdr, so if its ddr, then my mx200 is as fast as an mx400 and with that insane OC, it matches a geforce2 ultra(460MHz!!!!!!!!) well funnyperson1 is in 3rd place for the highest radeon8500le score, so I may as well get the honor for *first place* for mx200 scores(for my cpu class and speed, that is)

Guys isnt this an overclockers forum.......sooooooo what if his mx is a few years old that is an outstanding O/C

dude, are you not listening? it is not at 460! its at 230. take a look at that: http://www.myworld.com.my/review/GeForce2MX200/

so yeah, even if it is ddr it would be equal to a mx400m but still a far cry from a geforce 2 ultra. and just out of curiosity, you are taking the STOCK reading from power strip to get you *280%* overclock, or are you just using official specs for a geforce 2 mx 200? see what i think haooened is thi. you overclcoked without bothering to see what the slidder was set at for stock, and ASSUMED that you made it magicaly jump from 166 to 460. lol. i would be willing to bet anything that when you set the card to stock, it will read 333. Dont get me worng thats a nice oc, but NOT 280%

RatBag said:
Guys isnt this an overclockers forum.......sooooooo what if his mx is a few years old
That is the point for what this place is. It's taking whatever you've got and making it give more. Wether it's an ATI Radeon 9700 PRO running at 120% or an ATI Mach 8 (ISA, POS) running at 120% it's all about not just making the best with what you've got, but making more. Not everyone lives in the USA with newegg's low prices. Not everyone lives in a place where local variety is good. Sometimes you just have to work with what you've got. I've got 3 machines running currently. The lowest one is a P1 120 and I am overclocking it, I'm overclocking all of my systems regardless of wether they're top of the line or not. All he wants to do is find a better way to overclock his card. If you know of something, suggest it. If not, don't.

1208 3DMarks.....

At first I thought it was 3DMark03 (because of the new site design :D) and I thought, "Wow, he might have something here...." But then common sense kicked in, I looked at the top of the page, and it said 3DMark2001.

But hey, thanks! I needed a good laugh :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, 3DMark03 can analyze video card clocks now....run it through that and tell us what it gives you.

Overclocker550 said:
well an mx200 is supposed to have 64 bit sdr, so if its ddr, then my mx200 is as fast as an mx400 and with that insane OC, it matches a geforce2 ultra(460MHz!!!!!!!!) well funnyperson1 is in 3rd place for the highest radeon8500le score, so I may as well get the honor for *first place* for mx200 scores(for my cpu class and speed, that is)
you just boggle my mind.

the geforce2 mx series was designed to either use ddr or sdram.

been a while since i read up on this but basically if you use ddr the throughput is cut in half... so you then have the same performance as sdram. 99% of all manufacturers used sdram because of this and for price cutting measures as sdram was cheaper than ddr.

i guarantee if you get the numbers off the ram chips and look them up you will find that they are sdram not DDR.

good suggestion from the post above.. if it will even run 3dmark03 run it just to see what the clock speed is on the memory. hopefully this will be enough to convince you.

otherwise you are just a lost cause. :rolleyes:

if you say 99% of the mx's use sdram, then why is powerstrip saying 460MHz? and yes it defaults at 333MHz, it must be ddr then, but then why make an mx200 as fast as an mx400?

Back