• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd Home Built Water RIG!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skahtul

Well this is my second rig. This is only about 1/3 assembled but I will be finishing it up over the weekend. My first case was all nice and pretty (at least I thought so) but this case is all about how cool I can get the CPU and GPU (something I haven't water cooled before). I know it is ugly, but keep in mind it is just a test bed for my huge project

HERE it is.:D

haha thats pretty cool and rly dosen't look bad. Looking forward to the finished pics

holly molly .. that's some nifty job you're having dude .. I wish I had the equipment and the time .. Let us know how it performs, will ya?? and what about the noise?? sure ain't look quiet to me ..

Wow, thats different. I don't understand why you have flow in the core frame, now if that were a cage for HDs I would understand, but right now I can't figure it out. Does it serve any purpose? Anyway, it looks like a kewl project, can't wait to see the one this is testbed for 8)

peace.
unloaded

I'm wondering the same thing, what's the flow throught the frame for? Just cuz?

First the frame that the water flows through adapts a ½” fitting to a 3/8”. But the real reason, since this is a test for my next case, is that I am just learning how to sweat pipes together and am using this as a test (BTW it hasn’t leaked yet). When I start on my next project, this will be come clear. Noise? Well this really isn’t a consideration for this case. I do have a question for anyone water cooling video cards, how much pressure do you use for the GPU, my water block didn’t come with any springs or anything like that like the one for my CPU?

Edit:

Here is a few pics of Phase 3, it isn't much yet but it will be!

Phase 3

Back